Your pets with your stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres a day on the job for Hank and Maud. English Bulldog and Mastiff puppy.

Bushman

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,134
I think the kitty sweater to prevent gnawing on sutures is brilliant. It certainly can't be any more uncomfortable than those awful collars!

Bobbin said:
I think the kitty sweater to prevent gnawing on sutures is brilliant. It certainly can't be any more uncomfortable than those awful collars!

I don't know, all three of my pets are clever AND determined. If they want to gnaw at a body part, than by god, nothing is stopping them. This includes the lamp shade collars.

Funny, as I was reading this thread I knew exactly where I could find my little buddy. Tanner loves to stare at the fire, something he and I have in common.

Attachments

• Tanner 002.jpg
    Tanner 002.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 1,063
Nah, cats don't like the stove...

Attachments

• CIMG3924small.jpg
    CIMG3924small.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,009
  • CIMG3914small.jpg
    CIMG3914small.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 963
  • CIMG3750small.jpg
    CIMG3750small.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 952
Man, I miss my cat. He was the best. He would have loved the stove. The dogs do. They are heat hogs, but they provide thermal mass.
RIP Hunter S. Thompson, Gonzo Kitty.

tickbitty said:
Man, I miss my cat. He was the best. He would have loved the stove. The dogs do. They are heat hogs, but they provide thermal mass.
RIP Hunter S. Thomson, Gonzo Kitty.

Good name.

Go out and rescue two cats. Name one 'Raul Duke' and the other 'His Attorney'. Could always name the dog 'The Sausage Creature'.

I love these pics. I just went through the whole thread. I was looking for this a while ago and started my own after taking some shots of my little guys and couldn't find this in the picture forum. Oops.

21056_1214357480909_1287984025_30526155_220255_n.jpg

21056_1214357120900_1287984025_30526154_5945764_n.jpg

n1593856002_126469_7987.jpg

Great pics everyone. Here is Bella enjoying the warmth.

Attachments

• dog stove.jpg
    dog stove.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 904
I've been meaning to add to this thread. Just remembered because my old girl just turned 17! Found her on the streets when she was just 4 months old, sweetest thing you've ever met. Not chasing too many critters around any more, but she enjoys the morning walk to the bus stop with my 9 year old.

Attachments

• 100_6789.jpg
    100_6789.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_1293.jpg
    IMG_1293.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 805
17 Years...WOW... bet she has chased thousands of cats in her dreams over the years!

When I was a kid we had a Spitz cross that managed to achieve 20 yrs. old. That (what looks like) a hound cross has hit 17 yrs. is a tribute to your loving care, PDC. You should be well proud of yourself and it was thoughtful of you to purchase the insert for her benefit...

She's beautiful. All our animals are someone else's cast-offs, too.

Here is my dog in front of the ancient Jotual Combi Fire #1.

Attachments

• DSCF4593.jpg
    DSCF4593.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 786
  • DSCF4024.jpg
    DSCF4024.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 703
Hey Adios, you have a real cute dog too -- Maltese? The stove came with the house. I researched it and found that it is the very first model made by Jotul. It is called Combi fire because you can pull down the front door and slide it underneath the stove and put up the screen to make it into a fireplace. I don't have a screen for the stove so we never use it as a fireplace. We actually like the look of the stove -- kind of modern looking. It works fine and keeps our small cottage warm the whole winter. When we had the power outage last week I was very happy that we have a wood stove.

Thanks for the kind words. She is something, been thru alot and is still kickin'. I'm trying to cherish every day with her.

Our kitty is an outdoor variety, mostly due to his own behavioral problems. >:-( He's about the same age as my dog, and this winter we've allowed him back into the laundry room. He's been loving it. Past winters I'd just bring him in when it was in the teens. He does bring us some critters every now and then. I wish he'd catch more bunnies, they are killing me. I noticed some little dogwood saplings that I'd transplanted last spring that had been chewed down to almost nothing. At first I thought deer, which are rare in my yard, but have been seen. Then I realized that when we had our foot of snow on the ground for a few weeks that they didn't have much to eat, so they must have munched 'em. The foot of snow gave them the added height they needed for the branches!

I love seeing everybody's pics, keep 'em coming!

Lab sleeps under the stairs in or behind her cage. Doesn't like to be stepped on by kids running through the living room.
No way would these cushy cats sleep on the carpet on the floor or on something as hard as a brick hearth.
Good luck trying to get them to move off the couch without a fight.

One of my dogs key jobs ( besides returning tennis balls and barking like crazy when the mail comes) is to guard the stove when we are burning.

Not one attempt has been made to steal my Country Canyon while in operation since he's been on the job.

100% effective.

Nellie and Rip relaxing in front of the Summit. They spend ALOT of time there.

Attachments

• 101_2984.jpg
    101_2984.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 870
I wish I had a pic of all 5 dogs in front of the stove, but this is all I have. My 6yr old black lab and my 6 year old gsp. I have 2 more gsp's and a golden that are not pictured. Maybe this year I can manage a pic with all 5. Just a little brag, that gsp in the picture is #3 in the state in NSTRA Amateur division field trials.

Attachments

• firedogs.jpg
    firedogs.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 874
Status
Not open for further replies.