Your stove and your dog(s)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Dec 9, 2014
Pac NW
My wife sent me this pic this AM as I was on my way to get a truckload of wood. I love dogs. This is Libby. No idea what kind of dog she is as she was a rescue but she loves the stove.

I searched to see if there was a thread for your stove and your dog but couldn't find one. I will post more pics when the other two in the house are enjoying the heat.

Let's see your dogs with your stove.

Mods if this is a duplicate thread sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_4456 (1).jpg
    IMG_4456 (1).jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 463
Here are our two "puppies"...hogging the heat, as usual

Attachments

• IMG_20190116_142313.jpg
    IMG_20190116_142313.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 386
Is that cedar boards on the wall behind the stove? Looks really good
Thanks! I love how it looks too!
It's old barn wood. The barn on the farmstead I grew up on collapsed and my dad stored some of the decent
wood in the Poultry Palace in case it was needed for 'something'. Our porch was that 'something'. :)

• Love
Reactions: enduring
Thanks! I love how it looks too!
It's old barn wood. The barn on the farmstead I grew up on collapsed and my dad stored some of the decent
wood in the Poultry Palace in case it was needed for 'something'. Our porch was that 'something'. :)

I am from the country in the midwest, but wound up in Long Island.

Out here, you can buy (for money) a product called "barnwood", which is factory-made MDF garbageboard with a thin plastic layer on top to make it look vaguely like old weathered wood. The price for simulated old rotten wood is a couple dollars per square foot and up.

I wonder what they'd pay for actual old rotten wood!

When I see that stuff, I always think that all the old farmers back home would be rich if they knew to sell their collapsed old barns to city people.

I am from the country in the midwest, but wound up in Long Island.

Out here, you can buy (for money) a product called "barnwood", which is factory-made MDF garbageboard with a thin plastic layer on top to make it look vaguely like old weathered wood. The price for simulated old rotten wood is a couple dollars per square foot and up.

I wonder what they'd pay for actual old rotten wood!

When I see that stuff, I always think that all the old farmers back home would be rich if they knew to sell their collapsed old barns to city people.
Around here (and i am sure it is the same in many places), companies will mill regular pine and on one side make it look like old rugged barn wood. It actually looks very good. I have placed it side by side to 1800s old barn and it looks same.

You should invest in a slightly bigger bed for her.
That is, in fact, the cat’s bed. But I quit to try to convince a dachshund to make something it doesn’t want to do long ago. The cat sleeps in the dog’s bed and vice versa. Maybe they know better than me...

Da Murph .

He's a seasoned Pro :cool: ;)

10_06_13.jpgNewrug2.jpgMurph2.jpg

Miss Old Man Sam.

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 230
  • Newrug2.jpg
    Newrug2.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 223