Your stove and your dog(s)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
She was always wanting a fire.

Attachments

• 8ACFB885-04E0-43B5-A90E-8BF91FAA2E7D.jpeg
    8ACFB885-04E0-43B5-A90E-8BF91FAA2E7D.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 207
We used to have a cat. Mrs. Grey loved the wood stove you couldn't pry her away from it with a crow bar. Cats like wood stoves more than dogs do.

It's probably the 200 lb dog in the foreground messing with you lol. The insert is an Osburn 1600 with a 1.85 cu ft firebox.
I was just messin'. I kinda understand the large dog thing, got an 8 mo old St Bernard pup.

Q. Where does a Mastiff sleep?

A. Anywhere he wants to.

This is so true. You actually have to be careful about not walking too far. If they decide to quit you're gonna be stuck there for a while! They also have no regard for their size and think they are lap dogs. He will just climb right up and plop down on you.

This is Teagan. My 15 year old Chessie. She's been with me since she was 8 weeks old. One of her nicknames is Whimpers Baggins because as she's gotten older she's gotten vocal and really bossy! I've been lifting her into the backseat of the car and truck anytime we take her somewhere for the last few years now. Well this old pup decided to jump up on the coffee table the other night to let me know she was ready for dinner!!!! Haha I have no idea why she decided to do this but it was hilarious and not something I will forget.

Attachments

• PXL_20201124_014313715.jpg
    PXL_20201124_014313715.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 164
  • PXL_20201124_014322258.jpg
    PXL_20201124_014322258.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 152
This is Teagan. My 15 year old Chessie. She's been with me since she was 8 weeks old. One of her nicknames is Whimpers Baggins because as she's gotten older she's gotten vocal and really bossy! I've been lifting her into the backseat of the car and truck anytime we take her somewhere for the last few years now. Well this old pup decided to jump up on the coffee table the other night to let me know she was ready for dinner!!!! Haha I have no idea why she decided to do this but it was hilarious and not something I will forget.
Haha, nice!

Reactions: Whimpers Baggins
We had a Thanksgiving surprise today... a feral cat that had been living somewhere nearby got hit by a car a few days ago. Turns out she left us a package in a brush pile...

Image4450436194650138324.jpg

Well, when you need to dry out wet cold kittens, it's good to have a wood stove!

Image889815886589760832.jpg

(I am holding 6 cats with one hand there.)

In other news, they are tremendously cute, but bottle feeding them every 3 hours is less so....