Your stove and your dog(s)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Gordon weighs 200 lbs. He owns any spot of his choosing lol. Good luck moving him! You'd better have steak.

Hanna (with her de-squeaked chicken)

hanna.jpg

I'm loving these pics. Seems a lot longer than a year ago when I started this thread and the household is a little different these days having lost two of the three to unrelated diseases two weeks apart last winter. Was pretty rough and I think about them constantly. However we got a pup about 5 months back and he's a lot of work! He hasn't quit figured out how to sit still but I'm sure it's a matter of time before he figures it out and finds the best seat in the house. Will post a pick of him when the time comes. In the meantime keep posting pics. I love dogs and woodstove fires so keep the pics coming!
Sorry to hear about your dogs that have passed. I don’t look forward to those days . I’m very glad to hear you have a young one that is getting used to its place nearby the stove. Burn on.

Reactions: clancey
I am in the same boat as you whimpers--lost my abby --immunity problems and she was totally deaf when I adopted her--what a treat of a doggy...She was about 14 years old and i decided no more dogs for me because I am just getting too old and have even a hard time with bending at this point in my life but I sure do love doggies like you...that Gordon is a mess---really precious--good for Caw and his family.. Sorry about your doggies whimpers and glad you started this thread..clancey

My long haired shepherd doesn’t want to be anywhere near the stove. 10 degrees outside right now and he’s happy on the deck. My cat however has fallen in love. His fur is hot to the touch right now.

E772DCAF-BA5E-470E-B26C-B9005A39F262.jpeg

This is Mickey our standard poodle, sporting his ”dads been to busy to cut my hair“ look. He’d rather be on my bed than in front of the fire.

329A6395-A4F6-4C99-8138-547745948CE3.jpeg

Callie knows how to get cozy. Three-month-old Lab puppy. Callie is short for Caledonia. The lyrics apply: "Walkin' with my baby, she got great big feet," and "Cal'donia, why is your big head so hard?"

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 10.43.07 AM.png