Your Wood Sheds. Post pics here.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fossil said:
clemsonfor said:

Don't worry. My shed has very good ventilation, as the siding boards are not tight together and the floor is elevated and spaced as well. But, beyond all that, I never expect to season wood from green inside my shed. My wood seasons out in the open elsewhere on my property and only goes into the shed when it's ready to burn during the upcoming season. Besides all that, I live in the Central Oregon high desert country, where the humidity is very low and all I have access to are softwoods, which season relatively quickly. My shed works just fine for me just the way it is in my situation, as I'm sure all the other great sheds shown here do for their owners. Rick

Well said
Good explanation.
fossil; Yours it the "Maserati" of sheds ;),
Has been a while since you posted pics, I almost forgot how well it's set up to work for your conditions.

Now I'm glum. Here I was, having a perfectly good day and ta da ! I look at this thread. I'm just going to wander outside tonight and give the wood heap a good old fashioned kick or two and offer a gift to the Lumber Gods and see if they will send one of these sheds my way (they are probably scared of the potential wrath of my missus).

That said. If any of these wood sheds caught fire it would probably go off like a rocket, yet how long would it take to put out, especially some of the big sheds, and how would the fire dept do it as I'm sure they would smoulder for quite a while ?

rayg said:
Now I'm glum. Here I was, having a perfectly good day and ta da ! I look at this thread. I'm just going to wander outside tonight and give the wood heap a good old fashioned kick or two and offer a gift to the Lumber Gods and see if they will send one of these sheds my way (they are probably scared of the potential wrath of my missus).

That said. If any of these wood sheds caught fire it would probably go off like a rocket, yet how long would it take to put out, especially some of the big sheds, and how would the fire dept do it as I'm sure they would smoulder for quite a while ?
Oh, we would dismantle the wood stacks to get to all the smoldering fire in order to put it out completely and then,....... we would haul all of the good wood off for the poor person :snake:

I sure hope mine never catches fire, plenty of air from all directions would help it go up extremely fast.

Attachments

• rps20120117_175054_653.jpg
    rps20120117_175054_653.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,273
wishlist said:
I sure hope mine never catches fire, plenty of air from all directions would help it go up extremely fast.

Wishlist yours looks like a rocket as well haha ! It's pretty cool.

Pete

rayg said:

That's harsh ray I live next to a Propane dealer haha it's true to!
Pete

tfdchief said:
rayg said:

Oh, we would dismantle the wood stacks to get to all the smoldering fire in order to put it out completely and then,....... we would haul all of the good wood off for the poor person :snake:
Tell all these guys worried about your shed catchin on fire that you have the special 'red' batphone and all the crew on speed dial anyway, how bout 'er Chief?...

Scotty Overkill said:
tfdchief said:
rayg said:

Tell all these guys worried about your shed catchin on fire that you have the special 'red' batphone and all the crew on speed dial anyway, how bout 'er Chief?...
You got it! ;-P

Winter
100_0601.JPG

100_0296.JPG

Summer
100_0360.JPG

+1 that's really nice looking. It hardly looks like a woodshed. I trust you wired that light in a bit safer on this beauty after the picture was taken.

These pics are great! Mine is just an old pole barn that we've out grown.

Attachments

• 2011-11-30_15-27-43_960-1.jpg
    2011-11-30_15-27-43_960-1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,164
bogydave said:
firefighterjake said:
I figured I might as well post a pic of my woodshed.

Very nice shed, huge & stuffed full, The vertical boards make it look "wood-shed" like.
Might do the back side of mine with slabs I just like the look :)
Nice trailers too.
What's that thing with skis on the back side, something for snow?? Do you get snow LOL :lol:
great pics

Arggghhhh . . . start sharing will you? My sister just wrote me to tell how much riding they're doing . . . although she isn't too keen on going out when the temps dip into the negatives. She also said her husband was excited to find a trail system with a trail that led to a gas station . . . which she found funny since the trail system here in Maine almost always has trails to gas stations, restaurants . . . heck, I remember finding a trail leading to a strip club once.

I may just have to load the sled up and head north soon . . . they have enough snow way up north now . . . just means having to do the hotel thing . . . and traveling . . . I keep hoping we get some snow . . . some time.

rayg said:

Not really sure how my woodshed would catch on fire . . . maybe if some mice were smoking in my stacks or playing with matches. ;)

Well cuss. I see some ideas for this summer's project list here....like we needed any more.

LLigetfa said:
Winter
Summer

Really nice "Double L". Attic wood storage too.
With ladders & scaffolds , how tall is it??
Makes me think I should paint mine.

It is 9 & 1/2 feet to the collar ties.

this is my woodshed barn. both bays are for wood storage. front half is for the boiler/workshop. workshop boiler room is uninsulated and still is 9-10 degrees above exterior temperatures so far this winter. Im anxious to insulate it and see how warm i can keep it just from residual heat off the profab gasser.

Attachments

• BARN WITH RAISED BEDS.jpg
    BARN WITH RAISED BEDS.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 974
Heres my woodshed and my Moonshine Shed :)

Attachments

• SDC10039.jpg
    SDC10039.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 954
  • SDC10080.jpg
    SDC10080.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 971
barkeatr said:
this is my woodshed barn. both bays are for wood storage. front half is for the boiler/workshop. workshop boiler room is uninsulated and still is 9-10 degrees above exterior temperatures so far this winter. Im anxious to insulate it and see how warm i can keep it just from residual heat off the profab gasser.

Beautiful. More pics please...

Images of wood stacking to this caliber should be banned for the sanity of us common folk. There is no way on this green earth could I ever stack to this perfection. Look at those end stacks for crying out loud.

Miserably

Ray

LLigetfa said:

Some of that wood looks tiny!

Do you folks who stack like this make rows or just randomly place the wood in there?

rayg said:
Images of wood stacking to this caliber should be banned for the sanity of us common folk. There is no way on this green earth could I ever stack to this perfection. Look at those end stacks for crying out loud.

Miserably
Ray

LLigetfa said:
It's not really stacked to "perfection", I saw at least two splits in there that are not stacked with the bark side (UP). ;-P

I have the world's largest wood shed! My 2 cords don't fill it up at all. Malad summit south, Elkhorn mountains to the west and the Portneuf range to the east.

Attachments

• idaho west.jpg
    idaho west.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 978
  • idaho south.jpg
    idaho south.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 964
  • idaho east.jpg
    idaho east.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 945
Reactions: Lewiston
Redbear86 said:
I have the world's largest wood shed! My 2 cords don't fill it up at all. Malad summit south, Elkhorn mountains to the west and the Portneuf range to the east.

That picture belongs in a frame. I have view of lake but nothing in comparison to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.