Zc stove possibility.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guardrail989

Nov 27, 2015
United States
New here. So long story short I came into a lopi x96 insert stove for pretty much free. Its rated as ok for masonary and zc fireplaces and I was wondering about my crappy fireplace that I loath every day in winter. The zc fp is a from what i can read ( past owner taped and painted over model tag) a underwriter labs MF 36 which from what i can gather is a heatilator? Is this correct? Now the zc seems a bit small and is a metal stilted surround with heat refective material around that and what looks to be decorative stone walls inside of these two. From what i gather those stones walls are to stay in and not to be removed? They have pretty decent gaps between each piece so it seems they arent fire protective at all. Any ideas on how to proceed? All the stoves that are smaller than this one which is pretty much a old model revere have very small fireboxes and short burn times. Space is an issue so a free standing would not be the best. Any help would be awesome thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.