Zero clearance help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjwarren

Apr 20, 2009
Middletown,Delaware
This is my first post and I must start off by saying I have gained an incredible amount of knowledge just by lurking in the forums and using the ''search'' button. I have a Prefab fireplace that I am considering installing a Kodiak 1700 into. The insert dimensionally will fit but the fire place has about a 4" gap between the bottom fire brick and the floor. I know putting a 400 lb stove would crush this and needs support. I have a few ideas on how to support the weight of the stove, but the radiant heat is my big concern being it now only has a sheet metal cover over the wood floor.Is this even doable or can I line it with brick as a insulator? Any help from the pros around is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.