1983 stove price list

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
I was cleaning out old files today and found this in my old files along with some cool Jotul literature. It's west coast pricing. The Resolute had gone up $160 from when we got ours in 1979.

1983 stove price list.jpg

I would have loved to have tried out a Jotul 201. It was a pretty advanced concept stove. Unfortunately, it was expensive and I don't think many sold. I have never seen one but it popped up here a few times.

There's a guy around here that repaints Fisher's. Basically all he does. Wire wheel them then repaints them. Calls them restored and sells them for $1500. They sell as soon as he posts them. Kind of unbelievable that people pay almost 3 times new purchase price for a repainted stove.

I was cleaning out old files today and found this in my old files along with some cool Jotul literature. It's west coast pricing. The Resolute had gone up $160 from when we got ours in 1979.
If that was built today and the price kept even with inflation (1983 - present, $1.00 to $3.08) that resolute should cost $2017.

You got me looking in a late 70’s early 80’s advertising booklet of a long gone Alternative Resources store. The owner was a previous owner of our present house. There are no prices in the little catalog but great illustrations and write ups on stoves of the time, some unique.

Years back I drove down to this area and bought a used Waterford Stanley cookstove that this man had originally sold. ( The only reason my wife was willing to give up her Queen Atlantic cookstove was that the Waterford was made in Ireland.) Of course, when we bought this old farmhouse there was an identicle W.Stanley cookstove in the kitchen.

At 600 for a used “senotherm” Mark 1, it looks like we paid about half of the new price shown on that list.

DC4F4174-CD87-4915-A590-F0D59E3CA679.jpeg B6846ACD-D3FD-4DDF-9BA4-174D95847909.jpeg