1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

3 tons down on to number 4 how many have you used ?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by The Maniac, Feb 11, 2013.

1. 3650

3650 Member

Loc:
    midwest
    i will be opening my 5th pallet this weekend. ive been averagimg 78* since october.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtgraup

jtgraup New Member

Almost through the first ton, but my stove hasn't been working properly this season, so I haven't had it running all the time. We typically go through baout 1.5-2 tons for the winter here in PA.
  3. CT Pellet

CT Pellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Torrington, CT
    Absolutely no clue whatsoever.......Maybe somewhere's in the range of 200 or so 5 gallon buckets of the fruits of careless forklift operator and possibly between 4 and 5 pallets of Envi Blocks. House is always walking a fine line between cozy and "let's crack a window."
  4. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Between the two stoves, we're at just about 4.5 tons...My daughter has about 35 bags left from ton # 3 & we've got maybe 5 bags left from ton #3...We'll open #4 this weekend. Temps are gonna drop & it's a 3-dayer...
    Averaging about 36 gallons of oil for DHW. Can't kick. Already started to pay for next season's stash. www.woodpellets.com offering a monthly prepay & free delivery.
  5. yooper81

yooper81 Member

Loc:
    U.P Michigan
    Picked up another ton today, so counting the 1/2 ton I bought a while back, I have not yet gone through 3. Todays purchase will get me "home" (spring), or close to it, so I am anticipating 3 1/2 ton for the season. Depending on our spring.
  6. magsf11

magsf11 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    buffalo ny
    114 bags sofar
  7. bdaoust

bdaoust Member

Loc:
    Western, MA
    I just bought my first house (1200 sqft Cape), so I'm a pellet newbie. Been burning since mid November. However, for a while, I wasn't burning 24/7 so Ive also burned about 150 gallons of oil - which is also used for DHW.

Previous owner left me about 6 bags.

I then had one ton delivered and have gone through that. Have just been getting 8 bags at a time at the local tractor supply and have done that about four times. So just under two tons.

House stays around 68-70 degrees. Burn about 2 bags a day (full 24 hours).
  8. Xena

Xena Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore MA
    Not sure exactly but maybe around 75 bags.