Added R60 Insulation to my attic, house is toasty with Pellet Heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny1720

Burning Hunk
Mar 6, 2007
The Great North East
I thought I would share this with you people,

My home is a two story 2600 square foot farm house built in 1862. I recently added R60 to the R11 that was in the attic. The R11 was not installed properly. I used the blown in AttiCat fiberglass system from owens corning for the attic.

I have lived here for 5 years and I never been so comfortably warm. It is about 15 degrees outside. I have a single Glowboy Insert that is heating this house to about 75 degrees. It is over 83 degrees in the room with the stove. The rest of the house feels awesome at 75. I was always able to make it warm but this is the first time I had to actually turn the stove down a level. The only thing different besides the insulation is that I pointed a box fan at the pellet stove about 6 feet away from it. The fan seems to be able to kick the heat around the house really well.

I am burning the Alleghany Wood Pellets from Youngsville, PA.

johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.