Adding moisture to the air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is true that some of today's appliances are mighty miserly on water. My wife's cloths washer is crazy, I have no idea how it gets cloths clean, between so little water and little motion used.

Crock pots are awesome ! We have two or three different ones around here. I bought my own personal little one a few years ago to make some one pot dishes I like. One thing was chili for a small gathering of people, we met every couple of weeks. Another was a particular black bean dish I make. But we have done all sorts of things in it.
Been a crockpot fan for a long time. I got a pressure cooker at a Yankee swap over Xmas and have been having a lot of fun and great food experimenting with it.

Been a crockpot fan for a long time. I got a pressure cooker at a Yankee swap over Xmas and have been having a lot of fun and great food experimenting with it.
My second oldest daughter is a rep for Pamper Chef and she got us one of their Rock Crocks as a Christmas gift one year. Awesome cookware, it's One of these things where you cook on top of the stove, maybe braze something or what ever and then cook in the oven as follow up . Or what ever you want to do with it, including serving out of it. It seems to take the flavor up even a notch over Crock pots, but of course you're back to using the stove. But you don't want to go out and buy one of these things unless you're independently wealthy ( not really but they aren't cheap for sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.