All clean, and OMFG! The heat! It's like a diff stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky

Nov 4, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Ok,Bo's I posted bout my cracked, warped fireback...

Hold on while I beat apple!

Btw this forum is NOT iPad friendly!

So.... I cleaned out my stove.. Completely, I took out the damper everyone will tell you how big of a PITA that is, here is a tip, cut off, the thickness of your sawzall blade off the end of the shaft. It comes out like a dream, it's a lil tricky to get back in, took me about 3 min to get it back in after going to work after I took it out.

I used propane to get the handle off... Get that handle RED hot,turn the lights off that sucked was glowing!

Got that off messed with it for like an hour, Finally said to hell with it, cut off a sliver.. The damper cme out super easy!

There's a T shaped piece under it, take that out. Scoop out what you can...

I sealed off the stove and took 80psi to the stove and cleaned it ALL out...

Let me tell ya, I have never done this thorough cleaning in the 7 years I have had the stove... The heat it throws is, unbelievable!

The wood it consumes has been cut by 40% atleast, yet the heat output is up atleast 200%!

I am impressed!

Makes me think the 12 face cords of wood I have will sat me a while! 75f winter here I come!

Btw, it's 35f outside I'm currently at 87f. All fans running, so far tonight since 7pm I have gone thruoght 11 pieces of wood, not counting the 3 pieces I used to start it!

Status
Not open for further replies.