Anybody ever take a ton of pellets back?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad you took them back, always worth asking.
My dealer last year would not take any pellets back, so I will not give them
any business. Did find in my travels the Somersets, and dang they are nice !
I would burn them anytime !

pelletizer, You know if none of the people on this forum didn't tell us what brands they like, we would all be buying a few bags of this and a few bags of something else just to try. I wasn't gonna say what brand didn't burn good but someone asked and I provided the info so don't mind anyone bashing a pellet; like you said it is what it is....maybe the pellet company's will come here and read how dissapointed we are with their brand and do something about it...When I took that ton back to the Lumber yard, they said no one ever brought any back, well I figure maybe why would anyone move 2000 pounds from one location to the next, hey I didn't mind, I look at it as exercise.. :cheese:

Thanks Hopeitburns, Somtimes I read a little a much into things, Dot mind me,
Funny, last year when a lot of folks were bashing penningtons, I had 3 tons of them and they were great pellets,
These Somersets are great pellets, I may puchase 3 tons in the spring and become a pellet pig again!
I tried some greenway the other day as well and the burned great as well.

Being a dealer I love hearing all the comments. I want to have a quality product to sell and this year NEWP was not that product we are now up to 20 tons returned! We are trying to pick up a new supplier and hearing every thing on here is helping me allot. I was going to give Curran LLC a call due to there location but decided that was not a good idea thanks to pelletizer. Any feed back is good i think. And to you manufacturers listen to the people because once your name is tainted it stays that way along time, pellet users won't be burnt twice.

I'm a newbie this year. I have a Flame FP 35 stove. Installed 26 OCT 09, bought 2 tons of Pike Pellets at HD. Will not buy that brand again. Called HD yesterday and they said they would take the 1 ton + that I have left and will replace them with either Presto Logs or Winter Warmth. Got some feed back on the Presto Logs and will most likely take the Winter Warmth pellets.

I was quite surprised that they would exchange the Pikes!

Meneillys Woodland Products said:
Being a dealer I love hearing all the comments. I want to have a quality product to sell and this year NEWP was not that product we are now up to 20 tons returned! We are trying to pick up a new supplier and hearing every thing on here is helping me allot. I was going to give Curran LLC a call due to there location but decided that was not a good idea thanks to pelletizer. Any feed back is good i think. And to you manufacturers listen to the people because once your name is tainted it stays that way along time, pellet users won't be burnt twice.

You can wait to hear Jay's review of the TreeCycle. This is the Nazareth plant in pa. That could be a possibility. If interested then, PM me and I will give you Mike's contact info.

Jim

We are already selling Tree Cycle people seem to like them but the clinker had them worried. I am excited about the new batch they are making. Every thing else was great no dust great consistent length and good heat. Our goal is to get 4 suppliers and make a variety pallet to sell then the customer can decided what brand they like best. Hopefully we can have 5 bags NEWP 5 bags Tree Cycle 5 bags Cubex and 5 bags of Okies sell it for around $110 and let people have a choice based on how they burned.

We are already selling Tree Cycle people seem to like them but the clinker had them worried. I am excited about the new batch they are making. Every thing else was great no dust great consistent length and good heat. Our goal is to get 4 suppliers and make a variety pallet to sell then the customer can decided what brand they like best. Hopefully we can have 5 bags NEWP 5 bags Tree Cycle 5 bags Cubex and 5 bags of Okies sell it for around $110 and let people have a choice based on how they burned.

Might want to give TREECYCLE another try...
Below is a repost from treecycle followup thread.
I would keep an eye on this company.
IMO-their getting the bugs worked out in their new mill.

"Finally had time to go pick up those NEW TREECYCLE Pellets Mike promised.
I have to say Mike is a stand up guy & good for His Word.
Not too many people good for their word these days…

He has made a better product with this batch I have.
Mike mentioned He “just now” pulled in some new high quality wood suppliers!
So expect even another jump up in quality in the coming batches once
delivery from their new suppliers commences.

I burned a few bags.
Pellets not have the problems of the 9-09 bag dated batch.
(added-Especially I do not have the edge of my burn pot clogged with a wall of congealed ash that wont drop off.
Now the ash is incredably better. I do not have this issue with these NEW TREECYCLES.)
Plus they burn cleaner & hotter!
My Employee even said they smell & Burn better without asking Him.
I will post a more detailed explanation of how they are.
However They are of a quality now that I would buy.
I actually cant wait till their newer wood suppliers batches get run!
Mike wants to get a few bags to me to try.

The bags I have now are dated 10-09.
However the Pellets were just recently run.
The bags were dated at time of their manufacture.
So can’t go by the date.
Mike is trying to get a better dating system going.
May even change the look of the bag…

If Mike keeps weeding out the suppliers that were “tainting” the quality of the wood they were sending
& keeps pulling in these quality suppliers the NEWEST TREECYCLE Pellets could be a product
that could compete with the best of them.
I hope to see them get there.
Would be fantastic to see a local company succeed providing local jobs.

Sincerely,
LEN

Home Depot FINALLY came and picked up their crappy pellets out of my shed. Gave me a full refund. 54 bags out of 2 tons. Won't ever buy pellets from them again. At least not around here in DE.

twojrts said:
Home Depot FINALLY came and picked up their crappy pellets out of my shed. Gave me a full refund. 54 bags out of 2 tons. Won't ever buy pellets from them again. At least not around here in DE.

What brand pellet and WHY didnt you like them?

They were called Pike Pellets. The moisture content in them was very, very high! I 5 wks they totally clogged my stove all the way to the top of the chimney.

The Mgr. at HD said his dad had the same problem with them. Clogged his stove up too.

I learned a valuable lesson......DON'T EVER just go buy 2 tons of pellets without trying them out. It wasn't like I didn't clean the stove.

H ADVANCE said:

Might want to give TREECYCLE another try...
Below is a repost from treecycle followup thread.
I would keep an eye on this company.
IMO-their getting the bugs worked out in their new mill.

"Finally had time to go pick up those NEW TREECYCLE Pellets Mike promised.
I have to say Mike is a stand up guy & good for His Word.
Not too many people good for their word these days…

He has made a better product with this batch I have.
Mike mentioned He “just now” pulled in some new high quality wood suppliers!
So expect even another jump up in quality in the coming batches once
delivery from their new suppliers commences.

I burned a few bags.
Pellets not have the problems of the 9-09 bag dated batch.
(added-Especially I do not have the edge of my burn pot clogged with a wall of congealed ash that wont drop off.
Now the ash is incredably better. I do not have this issue with these NEW TREECYCLES.)
Plus they burn cleaner & hotter!
My Employee even said they smell & Burn better without asking Him.
I will post a more detailed explanation of how they are.
However They are of a quality now that I would buy.
I actually cant wait till their newer wood suppliers batches get run!
Mike wants to get a few bags to me to try.

The bags I have now are dated 10-09.
However the Pellets were just recently run.
The bags were dated at time of their manufacture.
So can’t go by the date.
Mike is trying to get a better dating system going.
May even change the look of the bag…

If Mike keeps weeding out the suppliers that were “tainting” the quality of the wood they were sending
& keeps pulling in these quality suppliers the NEWEST TREECYCLE Pellets could be a product
that could compete with the best of them.
I hope to see them get there.
Would be fantastic to see a local company succeed providing local jobs.

Sincerely,
LEN

I called TREECYCLE up earlier this week and talked with them. I am interested in getting a new load in but money is short so we need to sell off some of the stock we have before we can get a load of anything in. 40 tons of cubex and 20 tons of NEWP sitting in the yard waiting to sell. I figured the $225 cubex and $210 NEWP would sell quick but it is early still.

Status
Not open for further replies.