Anyone else got a fire going for the cold night ahead.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
The Oslo is pumping away with big slabs of Oak, while my furnace stays off....nuff said......

76 degrees in the house here. :coolsmile:

Going hot and fine: looking to get it evened off and spend the night with the covers off at 72. Night All....

The Blaze King is fired up and burning oak. It's 38 degrees outside; 82 degrees in the greatroom; and 72 degrees here in the back bedroom. Spent a couple days this week splitting oak and hickory for the 2009-2010 burn season.

Me too! The Oslo is running at 450 as I sit here next to it, 78 inside, 35 outside.

My 4 year olds wanted to come home from Grandmas because they wanted to be "warm by the stove". Priceless.

Jeff in PA

yep its 79 inside here, been burning nonstop since yesterday. its 34 outside. alot easier then loading the wood stove, but i do miss it sometimes

TTYL,
Finalboss

Ya'll must have some cheap pellets. Why not drop the feed rate down so that it's 72 inside and save a lot of fuel?

BeGreen said:
Ya'll must have some cheap pellets. Why not drop the feed rate down so that it's 72 inside and save a lot of fuel?
mine is on low, place is kinda small so easy to heat.

My pellet stove is starting as I type. I keep the house around 69, That a Good Number!!!!

The Quadrafire Isle Royale has been running for the last three days. It's in the mid 30's outside and in the mid 70's inside. I think I have the sotve running at about 50-60%.

Pellet stove has been running on low all day. 35F outside,
with a wind chill making it feel like 26F. 72F and comfy
in here. Did I mention that I love my pellet stove? :p

Been 24/7 for a couple of weeks though at times its down to just a few coals. Still not into the real winter wood, mostly hemlock, very small red maple sticks, and some elm. 74 in here for now, nice TV temp, 71-72 daytime when your moving about. Windchill tonight about 20-25, temps 35, next couple of days, daytime low forties, night time mid twenties. Winter is showin just a little leg here now.

Its been below freezing for the last 3 mornings, but I got no worries! The Hampton is fired up and the house is a balmy 78 degree's. Damn, I love this insert!! :)

Currently both stoves are fired up cruising is cat mode and my home is warm during the days of the weekend I will add to the stoves as needed to maintain temps or load up at nights

plenty od dry seasoned wood here approaching 15 cords stacked about 12 dry and half of that is 2 or more years seasoned.

Tomorrow morning I may look to the east Middle east and point at them with my middle finger.

Been running 24/7 here since the FD inspector went away a couple weeks ago, haven't always needed it, but the stove is so easy to keep going, its simpler just to not let it go out. Love only needing to load 2-3 times a day and having "heating temps" on the stove all the time. (300* plus on the griddle, mostly 4-500)

I may have a minor leak though, will be starting a seperate thread on it.

Gooserider

I've been burning pretty much 24/7 for the past 2 weeks , with nitetime temps mostly below or around 30 deg
104 deg basement air temp,74 first floor & 59 on the second floor. I only use 1 room of the second floor, so I keep the stairway door closed, hence the cold temp upstairs.
I have a electric heater 4 the 1 room i use-- but i heat it just when i'm in it.

my smoking dragon 12 cu ft pre epa stove eats wood like crazy.Two 6 gallon buckets full of wood, 1 load = 2 - 3 hours heat but i,m heating 1800 sq ft & warming up another 900
sqft, so my total heat is 2700 sq ft.

24hr/3hr=8 loads of 2 buckets wood per load=16 buckets wood/day or about 8 small wheelbarrows full.

On a mild 50deg day,i can manage on 1 bucket of wood load, but that was for sept & oct

This nov in northeast now. Burned up all scrap wood & starting in on my winter wood.

Have not turned on my pellet stove once all week, but I set the oil burner to start at 66 deg
when I sleep. It heats the house up to 69 & shuts off.

I cant take waking up to a 42 deg house & shivering while I lay a load of wood in the smoking dragon.

I predict that there will be many new wood burners in Ct this winter.

Fuel oil is fast becoming only a luxery for the rich.

elkimmeg said:
Currently both stoves are fired up cruising is cat mode and my home is warm during the days of the weekend I will add to the stoves as needed to maintain temps or load up at nights

plenty od dry seasoned wood here approaching 15 cords stacked about 12 dry and half of that is 2 or more years seasoned.

Tomorrow morning I may look to the east Middle east and point at them with my middle finger.
And the sad truth is that as much as we are able to reduce our home heating reliance on foreign oil, for most of us, come morning we'll climb in our vehicles and head off and those in the Middle East will look west and point their middle fingers right back at us. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.