Anyone have a picture of their first Car!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a pic of the actual car either but it
was a 1968 Chevy Impala color white, 2 dr, 327 automatic.
My Grandfathers car and was only a few years old
when my Grandparents passed in 71' and my Uncle
got a hold of it. Anyway I got it from my Uncle in 1979.
It was just like this one.

68impy.jpg

1975 MGB in "piss yellow-green".

Attachments

• 1975 MGB 1976 001 (640x514).jpg
    1975 MGB 1976 001 (640x514).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 342
My first three cars. First was a 1959 Ford my dad bought new. I was with him to pick it up. I got it in 1970 and ruined it pretty quick. Cheapest version Ford sold. Small "milemaker" 223 straight-six, three speed on the column, and vacuum-powered windshield wipers that stopped whenever I hit the gas.

2nd car was a 1966 Sunbeam Tiger. Designed by Carol Shelby. Called a "poor man's Cobra" at the time. Ford 260 V8, four speed trans, Jeep rear, factory ladder bars, etc. Pretty quick little car. I totalled it into a tree.

3rd car - and I still have it. 1964 Chevelle SS. 283 V8, four-speed Muncie.

Attachments

• 1959 Ford.jpg
    1959 Ford.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 328
  • 1966sunbearmtiger.jpg
    1966sunbearmtiger.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 312
  • 1964chevelleSS.jpg
    1964chevelleSS.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 333
rdust said:
This isn't a picture of mine but it's the same thing. I might be able to scan a picture in if I can dig them up.

85 Ford Mustang GT, black exterior, gray interior, 5 speed, last year for a carburetor,(automatic cars had CFI) first year for a hydraulic roller camshaft and forged pistons. The car was exactly what I wanted, I will own another one just like it someday. I'm on my 5th fox bodied Mustang since the 85, I've owned the current one since 2002.

I had an 86 GT w/ T tops. Damn that was a fun car in the summer time to just cruise in. Ended up dropping the crank out of the bottom end, that was one that I checked the gas and filled the oil with.
First car I bought was a 66 Mustang coupe, we just traded it last month so I could get a motor put in our Suburban. Promised my wife we will have another one some day. I have owned tons a Mustangs over the years, between 12-15 I guess.
My current is a 91, built to race in NMRA Pure Street class.

Attachments

• mustang_cecil_06.jpg
    mustang_cecil_06.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 289
Ok, go easy on me. My first car was a 1985 Pontiac Fiero Gt. Not quite the chick magnet I thought it would be. I can't find pictures, but this is pretty close. I did not have the spoiler. It had a 6 cylinder in that little car with a real puny trunk and no power steering. I dumped more money into that car. There was no room for girlfriend's mother in it, which was nice. Ah, the days of cruising the beach roads, sun roof, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Poison, Scorpions... Ok, what happened, where did I go? I'm back now.

Attachments

• 1985_pontiac_fiero_gt-pic-3077014030321488754.jpg
    1985_pontiac_fiero_gt-pic-3077014030321488754.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 272
Xena, Implala wasn't my first car but was my 2nd, 3rd and 4th cars.....2nd was exactly what your pic is but was blue......great travel car for 4 people! I wish I still had it as it was a great ride!
1st car was a 61 LeSabre($25)...what a tank! 2nd car as a 65 Impala.....the day I brought it home I was outside with the hood popped cleaning up a few things and decided to check the oil...damn car didn't have a dipstick or hole! I looked for at least 20 minutes before asking my dad to find it for me...we were both amazed to not find one and had to have one put in.

I had a 1995 Ford Aprire. I told people that it was aspiring to one day be a real car. No options included. No AC, Radio, or anything. It always made it from A to B though.

Attachments

• 1995_ford_aspire_3638-E.jpg
    1995_ford_aspire_3638-E.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 221
Status
Not open for further replies.