Beware....Please be careful who installs your stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike821

Hearth Supporter
Nov 3, 2010
Bridgewater NJ
Hello all,

If you live on the East Coast and are looking for a stove installer/dealer, make sure they are insured. The company I was dealing with could not provide me with insurance to preform stove installs as I asked for the insurance and never recived the doccument leading me to believe that they don't have insurance. They don't care how they install a insert/wood stove and put my family in danger. I am sure after viewing them you will think twice about buying a stove and not having it installed by a qualified licienced person.

Mike, that is pretty strong. What danger did they put your family in?

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/62687/

This was my original post asking for help.

I am now left with two holes in my flue....a damaged firebox...and a liner that is half a##ed installed.

This guy cost me money...time...and the poor installation is done by a fly by night company.

I just want to make sure I pass on my experience. No one should be put in danger by unqualified fireplace installers.

Nasty looking.

Amazing....just watching TV and a fire brick fell out of the top of my chimney.

Any recourse?
Sue?

go with wood stove and fireplace center in ocean township here in monmouth county, i think they go up that way from time to time. hands down best dealer/installer in the state and reasonable prices as well. go down and see there show room its worth a ride.

Thanks MD....I will add that to my list of people to contact. Cosumer Affairs should have a good time with this. A lawyer is also a good idea. Chanel 7 on your side is also a thought. They are a local TV news chanel for the tri-state area.

I would be very careful in what you are posting online about this business or anyone for that matter, or you may find yourself being sued for defamation of character.
You will be much safer posting only the facts of your situation and things which you can prove to be true.

sorry, double post deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.