BK Princess...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar12

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2016
Indiana
Fan or no fan? Going to order today and wanted some opinions on the fan option..

I tried no fan on mine, I lasted about a week and ordered the fan plus convection deck, made a huge difference

Fans for sure plus convection deck. I recall these options being relatively cheap. The fans can be turned off, are quieter than most, and more effective than most. The stove's thermostat works with the cooling effect of the fans to really make some heat.

I could almost instantly feel the difference, and see the temp rise on the furnace thermostat, when I turned my BKK fans from low to high.

They are very effective.

Reactions: Highbeam
Fans for sure plus convection deck. I recall these options being relatively cheap. The fans can be turned off, are quieter than most, and more effective than most. The stove's thermostat works with the cooling effect of the fans to really make some heat.
Thats the info I needed! Thanks for all of the replies! I ordered up the works..sure could of used this stove the last couple nights at or below zero here...soon enough!!

Good choice on getting a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.