Burn new stove outside to cure paint?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cptoneleg said:
I did not do breakin fires outside simply because the big strong men who delievered my stove set it right on the hearth where I wanted it, I don't know how me and the wife would have gotten it in the house, I have broken in 2 stoves indoors and had no fumes or smoke, both had an enamel paint, and it didn't hurt the OLD CROW (whiskey) ether time :zip:

Is 'ether time' slower than normal time?

BrowningBAR said:
cptoneleg said:
I did not do breakin fires outside simply because the big strong men who delievered my stove set it right on the hearth where I wanted it, I don't know how me and the wife would have gotten it in the house, I have broken in 2 stoves indoors and had no fumes or smoke, both had an enamel paint, and it didn't hurt the OLD CROW (whiskey) ether time :zip:

:lol: :lol: maybe I can't spell better than a 5th grader but I could use spell check

BrowningBAR said:
]

:lol:
ether time is HAPPY time...... :)

When I repainted the stove last year, the first couple fires were outside on the trailer. Couldn't tell you if it smelled or not, but once in the house the smell was obvious every time it got a little hotter.
The only smell this year was from the dust that was on the stove. Guess I should have wiped it down first. %-P

I didn't realize that the lovebird was actually a bird, thought maybe u had an "arrangement" of some sort.

I did my first burn in my PE True North stove a few days ago. It was like having a camp fire with out getting smoke in your face. I only used 6' of pipe and that really wasn't enough and I had a hard time starting it. But once it got up to temp it burned fine.

300096_1855152273504_1681757389_1322230_276433374_n.jpg

Billy

joecool85 said:
krex1010 said:
I didn't realize that the lovebird was actually a bird, thought maybe u had an "arrangement" of some sort.

HAHA! Yeah, that wouldn't go well with the wife lol.

We can dream though, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.