Classic Bay 1200i, Rattling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PAV1

Feb 11, 2010
Northern, NJ
Hi there:
I am on season 3 with my Quadrafire insert, love it overall, burning about 3 tons a year. I keep it clean, it runs great..however at the end of last season, and now this season I get a horrible "vibration/ratttling noise". I cannot find where it is coming from. Also, it does not do this 100% of the time.

The stove calls for heat, and runs with no issue. The blowers come on and blow heat w/ no issue. It is as the stove goes into cool down mode..somewhere after the blowers stop pushing air, and when it shuts off.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks in advance..

Sit next to the stove when it's running/rattling. As it does start touching things with your index finger, sooner or later you will track it down, make the necessary adjustment. 1200I the rattle is most likely the surround or side doors

That is what I have been doing, and can't seem to find it. What are the chances it is something internal that I can't get to?

PAV1 said:
Hi there:
I am on season 3 with my Quadrafire insert, love it overall, burning about 3 tons a year. I keep it clean, it runs great..however at the end of last season, and now this season I get a horrible "vibration/ratttling noise". I cannot find where it is coming from. Also, it does not do this 100% of the time.

The stove calls for heat, and runs with no issue. The blowers come on and blow heat w/ no issue. It is as the stove goes into cool down mode..somewhere after the blowers stop pushing air, and when it shuts off.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks in advance..

Make sure it is level. As it is rattling use your hand and place it in various parts of the stove to stop the rattle.

Do not forget about the liner, it can rattle.

Eric

Last year I had the same problem.

For my situation it was the convection blower (room air). It was a little loose and twisted.

As it cooled down and made the noise. I applied slight pressure on it. Once I found what it was, I re-aligned the blower and tightened it up.

May be something else on yours. The surround and panels are a good spot. Place your hand on different areas and apply pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.