Englander Demo Burns?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletizer

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2008
Pellet County N.H.
Does anyone know if Englander plans any demo burns this fall in New England?

I did hear they have a mobile demo unit but it is never anounced were it will be?

I checked the Englander site but did not see anything.

pelletizer said:
Does anyone know if Englander plans any demo burns this fall in New England?

I did hear they have a mobile demo unit but it is never anounced were it will be?

I checked the Englander site but did not see anything.

Why don't you shoot mike holten a PM and ask him....stoveguy2esw.....he works for them, and is very active on this forum.

I just got word from Englander "No scheduled Demo Pellet burns in NE this fall"

Those are fairly popular stoves. Maybe there's a forum member
in your area who would let you go see their stove in action.

I have a friend at work who has an Englander and I may ask him to come over once I get mine through the wall to fire up and help me out on burn tips and what not.

thx.

I purcased the same unit last year, and have had good luck with it. It's tough to beat the cost of this stove, not to mention that it throws off some good heat. Just a couple of things that I would do if I was just getting ready to install this stove.

1. Run it empty first to make sure that the augers are centered and not rubbing against the sides of the tubes. If they are it's an easy adjustment to center them.

2. If possible, on the first burn start it outdoors as it will create a lot of smoke as it burns off the oils and cures the paint. If you can't run it outside open all of your windows, place a fan near the stove to direct smoke outside, and unplug or remove the batteries from your smoke detectors. Of course make sure you reinstall the batteries when the unit stops smoking.

If you so have any issues with your stove the support from Englander is fantastic.

Good luck, and happy burning.

Thanks for the input, "Saturday is install day" The windows will be open the fans will be blowing and the brew will be flowing.

pelletizer said:
Thanks for the input, "Saturday is install day" The windows will be open the fans will be blowing and the brew will be flowing.

Good Luck! This will be my 4th season with the PDVC. Very happy with it. Just clean it, (especially behind the baffle plate once a month), keep the air intake outside clear. Take care of it, it'll take care of you. They're not fancy, but they do the job.

pelletizer said:

Is this an open invitation to all the pelletheads up in your area to come over and help you watch pellets burn, while also disposing of some brew? I wish I lived closer..... :coolsmile:

Brew will flow after Thimble is installed correctly.

Invite for pelletheads in the area hmm I do not know anyone in the area?

should be a fun day.

For beer I would move to South East NH for the day :)

rap69ri said:
For beer I would move to South East NH for the day :)

See pelletizer? All you have to do is provide the brew, and pellet friends will find you! :lol:

I can see it now wifage comes home to a house full of beer drinking pellet heads and a new stove burning and smokin up the house.
HMMMM Sounds fun though maybe the old sleds could be fired up and be involved in this too.

I have 1/2 keg of Narragansset nice and cold in my kegerator ready to go, but unfortunately my stoves already in :-(

Narragansset? I had a hard time spelling that. I have seen PBR on tap but Narragansset I have not seen that since my brother and I used to steal it out of the Maine summer house (I mean shack) back in the mid 70's
Let me fire this stove up and get used to it and maybe this fall if things go good at work I can do my own Englander Demo Burn for local pellet heads.

Ganssett was brought back a couple of years ago, and it's pretty good for a low cost beer.

I guess we're way off topic now but wtf!

After changing hands several times, the brand was bought in 2005 by a team of local Rhode Island investors led by former juice executive Mark D. Hellendrung, who announced plans to expand its market share and reinvigorate the Narragansett brand identity.

Since the purchase, the brand has indeed been revitalized with the help of former brewmaster Bill Anderson, and some sharp new packaging. Narragansett beer, now contract brewed by High Falls Brewing Company, has been available again throughout Southern New England since spring of 2006.

Way off topic yup but I did manage to get the word "fire" in there.

Thanks for the Gannsett info and I may have to try to find some up here in cow hampshire.

We are on schedule for 8 AM install Saturday yee haa.....

Had to run the fearless peerless tonight we left our windows open today and house was 58 degrees when we got home from work.

Its running now about 12 feet from me and I can see the dollar bills wafting out the power vent "not good, not good"

Happy install, and may the beer flow freely.

Good Luck,

Rick

Install is done and the pelletizer is tired, All went pretty good I started around 9 and final clean up was around 5.
I had to make three 45 minute round trips to pick up a drill bit (Modified thimble to run fresh air intake through it) , Two 3 ft sections and extra pipe supports, and the adjustable pipe.
I had the basic 3" simpson install kit but I went with two 3 ft sections outside to get up over a window and 3 pipe supports to make it secure.
Not very happy with the basic simpson install kit they should include more and also should supply something to make the Thimble more air tight were the 3" pipe passes through other than caulking it with high temp silicone.

I plan on a fire up Sunday Late morning so we will see how it goes, and yes the brew is flowing but not much longer.
Any one know if the stove adaptor pipe needs to be drilled into or hose clamped onto the stove flu outlet?

Thx.

She's been burning now for a couple hours all is well even with the Pennington pellets in the burn pot.

"Any one know if the stove adaptor pipe needs to be drilled into or hose clamped onto the stove flu outlet?"

I used high temp flexible silicone tape to cover that joint. The outlet looked a bit thick to drill through.
Have fun.

staplebox said:
"Any one know if the stove adaptor pipe needs to be drilled into or hose clamped onto the stove flu outlet?"

I used high temp flexible silicone tape to cover that joint. The outlet looked a bit thick to drill through.
Have fun.

My Astoria owners manual says:

Seal each vent section (including adapters, elbows, etc...) by injecting a liberal amount of 500° F.
RTV silicone into the gap between sections.

• Horizontal sections must have a 1/4" rise every 12" of travel.
• Pellet vent connections must be sealed airtight with 500° F. RTV silicone and screwed
together with at least three sheet metal screws.

Status
Not open for further replies.