enviro ef3 bi help with auger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nbenviroef3

Sep 16, 2013
New Brunswick, Canada
Hello, im new to pellet stoves. I just purchased a used 2005 enviro ef3 bi and when I plug it in and press the start button the green light comes on for a second maybe and then goes out, and the auger turns when the light comes on but then thats it.it wont turn anymore unless you unplug it and plug it back in and hit start button again...thanks in advance for any help.

I think that would be a problem with the vac switch .... mine will do that if the front door is open or if the flue is open too far or some kind of air leak that stops the vacuum effect in the stove.... the green light should turn on and off each time the auger turns. but the auger will not turn if there is no vacuum in the stove

To get to the vacuum switch. Open the side panel on the left side ( left if your looking from front of stove) the vacuum switch is at the back on that side it has a rubber hose going to it . I red somewere that you can buy pass it to test it (as test only) by unplugging the wires and plugging them to a car fuse ...

Last edited:
But you might want to start with a deep cleaning of the stove and make sure the exhaust system is nice and clean ... Mine was all plugged up ... Ther are 3 plates behind the fake brick wall that you can remove to make sure the venting is clean

Last edited:
But you might want to start with a deep cleaning of the stove and make sure the exhaust system is nice and clean ... Mine was all plugged up ... Ther are 3 plates behind the fake brick wall that you can remove to make sure the venting is clean
thanks just cleaned and still nothing was very dirty though....i hooked up a direct line to auger motor and it turns free im gonna try to bypass the vacuum switch to see if it works

Hang in there others that know much more than I do will comment . I am only going by problems I have had with my ef3 in the past

Um this might sound stupid but I got to ask . you do realize the auger doesn't turn continuously right ?? It turns small amounts at a time

Also I would try turning that dial to max just to see if it makes a difference ... It should make the auger turn on more often

Hmmm afraid I'm not sure what ells to try but I am sure there will be others that have some good advise. I find you get more comments after supper time when people get home from work . once you get it working you will love it . I have had mine over 8 years now and it has saved me big $$ in oil bills

Hmmm afraid I'm not sure what ells to try but I am sure there will be others that have some good advise. I find you get more comments after supper time when people get home from work . once you get it working you will love it . I have had mine over 8 years now and it has saved me big $$ in oil bills
ok thanks for your help..and thats what im hopeing to save money on oil

OK I'm reading. The troubleshooting in my manual and it says you can try to bay-pass the pellet feed switch (dial a fire ) . it says to remove the Leeds from the timing control modules second delay pins and place a jumper across the pins

OK I'm reading. The troubleshooting in my manual and it says you can try to bay-pass the pellet feed switch (dial a fire ) . it says to remove the Leeds from the timing control modules second delay pins and place a jumper across the pins
those are the blue relay looking things right and if so which one the upper one?

Ya its the upper one . the 2 yellow wires that come from the pellet feed knob . top left corner of the blue box

Status
Not open for further replies.