fake brick broken, fire hazzard?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ7960

Hearth Supporter
Dec 8, 2008
Upstate NY
aol
I own a Traditions 11 pellet stove and the "fake brick" liner inside the firebox is broken in two. Is this a fire hazzard? I am also having trouble keeping the fire going after initial start-up. Is this related? Thanks

No fire issue thats why they are fake. I don't think the 2 are related sounds like auger feed is stopping.

I also just noticed the fire brick on the back wall of my Avalon is cracked in a "V" shape, from the firebox up. Are you sure there's no possibility of heat damage to something behind the brick?

The fake stuff in my St Croix has been broken for years... my dealer sez it's not a problem.

If you have a hard time keeping your stove lit I'd throughly clean your stove.

The stock refractory panels in my stove broke and I shot an
email to the mfg and they told me no worries that it was
just for decoration so I burned away with no problems.
Last year I replaced them with steel panels.

TJ7960 said:
Thanks all. Still can't keeep the thing lit but I'll figure it out.

If it were me I'd start a new thread regarding this problem
and title it accordingly for maximum exposure/response.
Hope the good folks here can help fix you up.

My thanks also.

Status
Not open for further replies.