Good sign for my burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktail

Minister of Fire
Sep 18, 2011
Western WA
I was visiting with a neighbor couple tonight that lives sort of diagonally from me. In the year I've lived here I've chatted with them a few times but sitting around the fire pit tonight was the most I've talked to them. One of the things they asked me was if I heat with wood.
What a compliment! I burned all season from October to June and I'll take it as a very good sign if they never even knew I burn. Their view of my house is partially obstructed, but they can still see it and the wind tends to blow their way. It was news to them that I installed an insert and used it all the time.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Good for you on good burning habits. Me, on the other hand can tell when the neighbor re-loads his stove with 35% MC oak. ;sick I'm still working on him though. We usually call him and tell him to open the primary air when he closes it off too soon. Essentially, we are running his stove from my house.;lol

Nicely done blacktail. fishingpol, it's the same here. I can only rarely tell when my next door neighbor has his Spectrum running. But when the neighbor behind me has choked down her smoke dragon, there's no doubt about it. And when a fellow down the street lights up his fireplace, the whole neighborhood suffers in it's smokey pall.

Status
Not open for further replies.