Harman Advance pellet stove problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan

Jan 31, 2008
Northern California
I've been using my new Harmon Advance pellet stove for about 2 months now & am not happy with it...being a new user of pellet stoves, I'm hoping forum readers might callibrate me on what's normal & what's not.

NOISE: I've got two noise issues.

1) The auger motor is noisy. When I removed the panel & stuck my ear near the motor it sounds like a very worn clock motor. If I put tension on the chain, the noise is substantially reduced. Note that I'm not talking about auger sounds or clunking pellets.

2) There is a high pitch whine from the exhaust motor.

I'm having trouble with my dealer -- the maintainace guy is hard of hearing!!!

GLASS FOGGING UP: Facing the stove, the left glass panel starts to build up after only a couple of hours of use. After 24 hours of burning, it is almost completely opaque.

SMOKE: When starting up the stove, there is a lot of smoke which is understandable -- but I see what looks like a high-pressure jet of smoke coming from the rear left side of the burn pot -- like something is burning behind the burn pot.

Thanks for any comments,

--Alan

Hi,

I cannot answer your questions myself as I do not have experience
with the Advance, but if you repost in the pellet room instead of the
hearth room, you may get more responses.

You posted in the wrong place...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.