Harman p43 ordered!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're gonna have to watch it or that Englander is gonna be looking for a new home. . . . .;)

I don't think that is in this year's budget! The basement is a perfect place for the 25-ep. It won't run full time so I won't have to clean it every day. It really is a great heater, I just simply do not have the patience to work all day and then come home and clean the stove.

When I first bought my house I heated with wood in the fireplace to supplement the oil burner and I probably spent less time per day with that than I did with my old pellet stove.

My 25 ep gets cleaned once a week, usually on Mondays when no one is home. I have, several times, gone up to 18 days without cleaning, burning a bag a day. My 25 pdvc gets cleaned every Sunday. Why do people feel the need to clean these stoves every day?

I don't know why but I usually have to find something to keep me busy while I'm waiting to clean mine

Reactions: bags
My 25 ep gets cleaned once a week, usually on Mondays when no one is home. I have, several times, gone up to 18 days without cleaning, burning a bag a day. My 25 pdvc gets cleaned every Sunday. Why do people feel the need to clean these stoves every day?

Because it is in the living room and it looks filthy?

I'm seeing how true this is. I can't believe this stove has been running for 2 days now and I haven't needed my ash vac or painter's tool or paintbrush or glass cleaner or a 5/8" nut driver or emptied the hopper to clear a jam....
I do need to work on my aim though with refilling, dumped about 10 pounds on the floor last night!
So,,,,,,........ We were shooting you straight with no fluff. Just the facts. Sit back, relax, and have a few more oat sodas. You have oodles of time before you need to break out the brushes and cleaning gear. As in a month.

As for the hopper 10 lbs. of pellets missing. ::-) It was New Years Eve last night. The pellet bag cops will throw you in the Gray Bar Hotel if they catch you pellet dumping like that.;lol;lol No worries though. With all of your new free time you can concentrate, practice, and perfect the bag dump.;)

Reactions: Big papa
I'm gonna buy one for in the garage next year...........:)

They say to put it where you spend most of your time
Good one and true. Outta likes! I had my PC45 out in the garages at first to work on it. Also ran it out there numerous nights. Wife came out and made a comment about me spending an awful lot of time out there rearranging and organizing. LOL!

About the forth night she grabbed a chair and hung out. That's when I knew it was time to unhook it and roll it inside:eek:;).

Reactions: bogieb and Big papa
Glad you appreciated it Bags.... Being retired and old, the bedroom is the best room most all the time....

I really like the Harmans and I may (not joking around) get one this summer. Not many dealers around here. I like it because it's a multifuel and I like roasting corn....

You can get deals on them. Rona has a couple of 45's for sale now. The bedroom and bathrooms are two of my favorite places. Alone time and rest. LOL! Have a Great New Year! Still haven't been able to catch up with my locals who would have corn but I will ASAP.

I'm gonna buy one for in the garage next year...........:)

Funny you should say that. My englander is garage bound to my father's garage at my parent's house in Binghamton. He is 73 years old, I told him to put it up on cinder blocks to meet code....think he'll listen?;)

Reactions: Big papa

I dunno. I don't even open the door on my 10-CPM stove between cleanings. Every week is fine, I've gone 2 weeks, but there's really no reason I couldn't go 3 weeks without touching the stove (ash pan at least would need to be emptied.) I feed it any sort of Home Despot pellet (Fireside Ultra, Stove Chow, Heat'rs) without any issue other than observing the differences in ash color and buildup and measuring heat output. Granted this is one of the higher-end Englanders that few acknowledge the existence of (your EP is similar.) In-between cleanings, if the pot gets to looking a little crusty, I just press the stirrer button for about 30 seconds and it grinds up any buildup.

So,,,,,,........ We were shooting you straight with no fluff. Just the facts. Sit back, relax, and have a few more oat sodas. You have oodles of time before you need to break out the brushes and cleaning gear. As in a month.

As for the hopper 10 lbs. of pellets missing. ::-) It was New Years Eve last night. The pellet bag cops will throw you in the Gray Bar Hotel if they catch you pellet dumping like that.;lol;lol No worries though. With all of your new free time you can concentrate, practice, and perfect the bag dump.;)

Christ, if I had a minute of free time I wouldn't have just dropped over $3k on a toy, errrr heating appliance.

I don't think I can do the "cut and dump" with this thing. Cut, dump into 2 coal hods, dump again, dump again is the new routine.

Christ, if I had a minute of free time I wouldn't have just dropped over $3k on a toy, errrr heating appliance.

I don't think I can do the "cut and dump" with this thing. Cut, dump into 2 coal hods, dump again, dump again is the new routine.
What?

I built a wooden chest that holds 7 bags lasts most of the week by the way and use a 3quart feed scoop to fill the hopper easy and I don't mess up the finish with a plastic scoop

I'm not a master carpenter but works well for me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 170
Reactions: Jason845845
Funny you should say that. My englander is garage bound to my father's garage at my parent's house in Binghamton. He is 73 years old, I told him to put it up on cinder blocks to meet code....think he'll listen?;)

Let me put it to you this way, I'm, 65 and I don't listen for shitte.......

Reactions: bogieb
Yes we defy gravity here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 146
Did a full cleaning tonight. Took all of 1/2 hour. I didn't clean my exhaust though because I'm afraid I'll damage the esp. How in the crap do I do it?

I use a regular vent brush and carefully work the brush past the esp, Afterward, I use the crevice tool from my vac to vacuum up the ashes - it easily fits past the esp, but still be carefull.

Glad you appreciated it Bags.... Being retired and old, the bedroom is the best room most all the time....

I really like the Harmans and I may (not joking around) get one this summer. Not many dealers around here. I like it because it's a multifuel and I like roasting corn....

I have a feeling there will be many on Craigslist this spring/summer if oil stays low. Memories are always short with stuff like that.

There are some (now) but prices are high and I'm always leery of used stoves and lack of proprt care taking it's toll on components.

i love the way my englander heats my house but I'm already sick of fighting with it. Hopefully I will install New Years day!

Awesome choice.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.