Hauling Wood With A Van

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would actually be pretty happy if hauling a face cord works! There is a trailer hitch on this thing too am thinking about getting a little trailer...how much does a cord weight?

I'm not sure how much it weighs, but it varies widely based the type of wood and its moisture content.

I've hauled a half ton of Eco-Bricks in my 2006 Town and Country. The back end was definitely riding low but it wasn't on the bump stops. So I think you could do a face cord depending on the wood.

Reactions: NextEndeavor
You're braver than me. You may get a few critters (spiders, scorpions to name a few) that crawl out of the wood and want to reside in your van.

40 years ago I was driving my wife's station wagon one day and saw some bucked rounds on a curb in town with a "free" sign on them. Stopped and loaded up. Caught hell a few days later when a large spider crawled up on my wife's shoulder on her way to work and she almost wrecked the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.