help! want a SMALL porcelain wood stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking, and looking and looking..... I want a small porcelain wood stove- about the size if the Avalon 'Answer'. The Answer is gas/steel-Iron?- anyway, I cannot find something. I do not like the shape of the VC 'Aspen'- it is long and narrow- that will not work where I want to put it. I want a 'medium' priced stove, non cat. Do you have any ideas? Thanks

The Aspen is Iron, I believe. By "porcelain", do you mean enamel finished?

Yes- sorry, wrong teminology. And, Now that I think of it, the 'Answer', might have been Lopi, but anyway, I don't think it is even made now. It heated up to 650ft2, if I remember right- just right for what I want. Is there anybody that makes something that small? Enamel.

The Napoleon 1100 and the PE Vista are available with porcelain cladding. If you want a cast iron stove consider the Jotul F3CB, Hearthstone Craftsbury or maybe the Quadrafire Yosemite (cast/steel hybrid).

I burn the big Jotul, but once had a high temp spray-painted answer (flat finish.) It required touching up every few years, but actually looked very good ('sort of a brick redish brown.) The answer was good for my purposes

Regards,

Dexter

I dont know how small you are talking but Waterford makes some nice really little enamel finished stoves.

I dont know if they are any good or not. Waterford Leprechaun.

Waterford aren't sold in the US anymore. I had a little Leprechun and it warmed my man-cave for many seasons, but....it only took a 15" log. Good luck finding 15"CSD wood. But the enamel stoves almost gaurantee no rusting or painting plus they are beautiful...more or less. My newer Jotul 3CB is a pewter enamel they called Jotuliron. Looks grey to me.

Why so small? Are you under the impression that the heated SF rating by the manufacturer applies to the room it is in? The rated SF refers to the home size and not the room. My stove is rated to heat 1900SF and sits in a small living room where it heats my whole 1700 SF home.

Otherwise, I am partial to the Jotul designs and other very similar cast iron small stoves.

The stove will go in a small diningroom- more for looks than utility, but I do want a working stove. One that took 15" logs would be great! Laughs!- Never have I seen such small marine stoves- they are even too small for me! The one with a cup/saucer on it is a hoot! Even if Waterford does not make the one you talk about, maybe they have a small one...Thanks for the ideas.

You might want to look at the Pacific Energy Vista Classic. Small stove with good clearances and several colors to choose from. I haven't used mine yet, but I really like the looks of the stove. It really makes the room look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.