Help with convection motor!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DebartoloDB

Dec 28, 2017
Ct
my convection motor on my Breckwell stove recently stopped working, I replaced it and afterwards it would run on high no matter what the setting. I also replaced the pof sensor and checked the circuit board (took out mine and put in my aunts stove- it ran fine). Any idea what to check next?

Is your stove on a surge protector? Are you comfortable taking the control board out and removing the faceplate?

Is your stove on a surge protector? Are you comfortable taking the control board out and removing the faceplate?
Yes it is on a surge protector and I am comfortable taking out the control board- although I don’t think that this is the problem as when I took out my control board and ran my aunts stove (same make and model) with it it ran fine. Could it be the wiring from the convection motor to the board?

Ok this replacement blower is it an OEM blower or aftermarket? Alot of aftermarket blowers being sold on the internet are 1 speed and not recommended for speed reduction.

Ok this replacement blower is it an OEM blower or aftermarket? Alot of aftermarket blowers being sold on the internet are 1 speed and not recommended for speed reduction.
I didn’t buy it from Breckwell but it says it is a Breckwell A-E-033A part.

You have a link to the one you got?

Hard to tell if its an aftermarket from thier pic. But i would bet it is an aftermarket and only has 1 speed. if it works good you wll just have to run it on high.

The high limit switch is for the stove overheating, it will shut it down.

Only thing that has any control over the speed of any of the motors is the control board

Oh, ok. I’m assuming it must be the motor then if the control board is ok. I’ll double check the wiring too to make sure nothing is loose.

We all want to save some $$$ and when you go to get a motor try granger, electric motor wearhouse, and know your shaft size, hp, amperage, rotation