I just got a deal on some pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveo

Jun 6, 2008
Maine
I started out with 4 tons this year and still have 2 tons left so I should be all set for this year. I just found some fireside ultras and bought all 4 tons for $800. That is the price I was waiting for. I am glad he did not have more or else I would have been really broke because I would have to buy all of them lol. Does it sound like I have a problem? Am I a pellet pig lol?

I'm assuming you didn't buy the pellets from a store since $200 a ton is a myth here in Maine right about now haha. On the off chance that ya did get them from a store....where'd ya get em? I loved the Firesides that I burned earlier in the winter. I would love to put my hands on more of those bad boys!

Congrats on that good find my friend!

Yep, I have to agree with Smokey.....you have a head start on all of us. Oink Oink Oink!

I got the pellets from someone like myself who bought their pellets before they got their stove. Unfortunately for them their stove did not come in, oil went down and they decided to sell. Good for me but I just woke up because I am dead tired from lugging all the pellets down into the basement.

Awesome, I see no problem with this. Now if you bought them that way from a store, I would hate you!

Steveo,

Dead tried and little later you'll discover muscles that you never knew you had. All pellet pigs get out of shape between sloppings. Just say oink, ooh my aching back, and slurp.

I have a chance to but 12 tons of Patterson pellets .The company is out of Texas. I live in NJ.A trucker who rents space from me has 12 tons he will take 225 a ton.I know the pellets say on the bag 8600 btu and less that .5% ash.They are soft wood.I havent found anyone here that has used these.I am going to get a few bags from him and see how they burn.I know I can get him down to 200 a ton.My wharehouse is climate controlled so these will lat a long time.

Nice find! I burned some Fireside last year and would use em again
if I was able to find them at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.