Info on "Lifetime" chimney liners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rick clifford

Oct 19, 2012
Finally pulling the trigger on my insert install and think I found my installer who uses a company I have no info on. Anyone know anything about Lifetime Chimney Supplies out of NY. Also he uses their double wall smooth lined 316ti liner but it appears double wall is not the favorite choice on this forum. I have a 20 foot exterior chimney and its a straight run down with a bit of a bend at the damper which will be removed. Any advice would be helpful and are some double wall much better than others. (Thicker =better? etc. My plan is to use this Hampton HI300 a lot and have many cords of 2 and 3 year old hardwood set to go. My installer sounds very knowledgeable but I need this info to make me feel totally comfortable. Thanks

My recommendation would be for the Heavy Flex Liner. I just put a liner in for our church parsonage, it was an Easy Flex Liner. I had to have it ovalized and it went in nicely but did not give the impression that it was overly durable. I then received a Heavy Flex Liner for my chimney and was very impressed with it's durability. You can run over it with a truck, literally and not hurt it. Yet it is still very flexible, although not as flexible as the Easy Flex. Perfect for my situation where my chimney is straight like yours with only a little offset at the smoke chamber.

Pretty sure the two walled pipe is considered easily damaged. I have no experience with this type just know what others with experience have said. Personally I wouldn't risk it with my chimney....it just simply isn't worth it from a safety standpoint. Go single wall Easy or Heavy Flex.

Status
Not open for further replies.