Insert ordered today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Gang,
After days and days of looking, thinking, measuring, reading, and last but for sure not least, driving my wife CRAZY, I ordered the Quadra Fire 5100i. I like the quality, large fire box, the way the flue exit sits farther back in the stove, the way it will fit into the fireplace and onto the hearth, the looks and the dealer. Dealer was very informative, had plenty of stoves on display and knew what they were talking about when it came to installation. I also would like to compliment Quadra Fire. I emailed them last night with a couple of technical questions I had that the dealer wasn't sure about, and Quadra replied back before 9am. MST!!! Being a small business man and dealing with corporate America more often than I would like, I was simply shocked at the fast response, effort, kindness and personal attention the Quadra Fire technician showed little ol' me. As a matter of fact, I wrote back thanking him and before it was over, the tech. replied back THREE more times discussing how he felt about the 5100i, how he had helped build most of the stoves in the company line up and that he felt I made the best choice for an insert, etc. He also stated that he was running a 5100i in his own home. Kinda made me feel good! BTW, dealer had to order the larger surround panels. Should be in in about a week, so I'm told. Install should be in a couple of week? Don't know yet. C U Later.

Stickburner

Congratulations. You are now a happy new stove owner. With some tricky weather you way you could get it broken in before Labor Day. Great to hear you are happy with the dealer and the manufacturer. Only a few go the extra mile according to everyone here. Just remember at home: "Fire is my friend, smoke is my enemy".

littlesm said:
Congratulations. You are now a happy new stove owner. With some tricky weather you way you could get it broken in before Labor Day. Great to hear you are happy with the dealer and the manufacturer. Only a few go the extra mile according to everyone here. Just remember at home: "Fire is my friend, smoke is my enemy".

Smokey,
The weather would have to be REALLY tricky for me to get a burn in before, on, or shorty there after Labor Day. It could still be in the high 90's here in the bad lands of NM. at that time of year. Man, I hate that. However, we do get a fair little winter here, but it comes much later. A little snow, lots of fairly cold days, but for sure not like it is in your stompin grounds of the Tetons and Idaho. Now about that" fire is my friend, smoke is my enemy" thing...me and you got to talk about this...you know I'm in the bbq business. No smoke at home, ok,...but a lot of it at my joint. Give me a break here! You know, the older I get (I just turned 60), the more I get concerned about our environment, being more energy efficient, clean air, and leaving my Grand babies a better world to live in. Hopefully Mother Nature, God, and you will give us ol' time smokehouse folks a break :) Heck, their ain't many of us left anyway! Most of the bbq cooks today have moved on to gas fired pits with wood assist or pellet cookers. I just can't change, Smokey, got to fix that stuff the old way or no way. We'll all be dead soon anyway!

Stickburner
P.S. My ice machine makes 1500lbs. of ice per day. Maybe I can start saving it in the walk in freezer and around the first of October I can ice down the yard, drop the temp around the house a bit and fire up the Quadra. What you think?

Hey, I hear you. My comment was about being home. Did some work for a cafe owner who was fighting with the city of New York, because he wanted to pit and they wouldn't give him a permit because of the smoke, and he wouldn't pay the graff. He was working with a guy to develop a catalyzer for his stoves. Seemed like a good idea, took the flue gases back up to 1200 with natural gas and ran it through a set of "cat filters". During your leisure times this winter it would be a real interesting topic for the DIY or Green forum. I'm going to get a head start.

Status
Not open for further replies.