Installed at last...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow&Flame

Minister of Fire
Jun 6, 2011
Central Arkansas
Well, it sure was a longer journey than I had envisioned, but its in at last. I had a small
fire in it tonight just to see it burn something. I am hoping my wood is dry and the learning
curve is a short one on this beauty. I am going to start working on a better hearth and
mantle at some point, but just don't have the time right now.

Thanks for all the help guys...more questions to come... As a matter of fact. Where is
the best place I can pick up some extra fire brick? Just thought it might be a good idea
to get some, just in case. Any brands better than others?

Now for some pics...

Attachments

• First little fire burning.jpg
    First little fire burning.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 539
  • First little fire.jpg
    First little fire.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 541
  • Installed.jpg
    Installed.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 577
  • Installing Pipe.jpg
    Installing Pipe.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 551
  • Pipe&Stove.jpg
    Pipe&Stove.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 535
  • Cleaning.jpg
    Cleaning.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 542
  • Stove Base.jpg
    Stove Base.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 537
Woohoo! Congrats, man. Looks great. You re gonna love it this winter. Good luck.

Yay! Good to see at least one T5 going in today. Cowtown tomorrow. We're on a roll here.

The insert looks great. Don't worry about the bricks, they will last for several years as long as you don't slam the splits in the stove. They are pumice bricks if you are looking.

Very very nice looking insert you will love it!

Wow that looks awesome! If it burns the same as the T-5 freestanding you will love it! As you already have found out it's a very easy stove to light and you will love the secondaries it puts out..

Ray

Great lookin unit and install. Welcome to the crowd. Keep us updated with your stove.

Nice looking insert. It's close to the same spec as mine and you are going to love the heat it can throw. If you put in a block off plate, you will be surprised how warm the surrounding brick will heat up and stay warm after the stove dies down. Say goodbye to drafty fires in a fireplace and now get some real heat!

Very nice.
Great photos showing the install of pipe & old fireplace prep !!!
Patience, winter will be there soon :)
Good job!

+1 Nice work.....I thought I needed a rangely at some point in the future. After seeing your setup I'm really likin your T5.

Looks Fabulous !!! Should help keep the place toasty come winter time. Did you install a block off shield or use insulation? Let me know how she works....
I am having the T5 installed a week from Monday. Can't wait.

The Mrs. asks, "How far does it stick out?"

There's probably a technical term for the measurement she wants, but I don't know it.

bluedogz said:
The Mrs. asks, "How far does it stick out?"

There's probably a technical term for the measurement she wants, but I don't know it.

Tell her it depends on how excited you get... about the fire. About the FIRE. :red:
There is a technical term. It's..... well on second thought, never mind.

"The Devil made me do it."
Flip Wilson

Looking good. Warm house in the winter coming right up.

<<sigh...>>

Sorry about not posting sooner...been busy around here. Thanks for
the kind words. I am looking forward to winter so I can strech her legs.

wjb111- Just insulation at this point...block off plate will wait till later. The installer
was a bit of a git and I just told him not to worry about it. He gave me a
good deal on the install, so I cant grumble too much.

bluedogz- 10.5"

All you fellow T5 Insert owners out there keep me up to date with your installs and
any issues.

Thanks

That is a great looking stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.