Is this a good deal???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that what happened to my old washing machine ;-)

The few folks that I've heard comment about them liked the stove, and if he'll wheel and deal for less it may work out to be a good deal indeed.

I saw this
Just make an offer
, throw an offer out there, if its too low work your way up from there.
I actually think the stove is nice looking. I remember reading a couple good reviews about them last year.
I wonder how that ferris wheel system works as compared to an auger.

Think I saw one of those on ebay for a buy it now of under
$2,000. Don't know if prices on stoves vary depending
on region but like the others said I'd offer less since you
can always up the offers......

Assuming you are still interested in the stove after ready the link
BrotherBart posted. :roll:

zeta said:
Think I saw one of those on ebay for a buy it now of under
$2,000. Don't know if prices on stoves vary depending
on region but like the others said I'd offer less since you
can always up the offers......

Assuming you are still interested in the stove after ready the link
BrotherBart posted. :roll:

Yea, they are on EBay for $1995 BUT there is no warrantee. But I guess with them going out of business the warrantee would be useless anyway. 50% off of a great stove is a good deal if you can service it yourself and find parts. The design is very novel. Another consideration with them essentially going out of business is whether they would make the effort to qualify the stove for the Stimulus 30% tax break............ I would love to have one too but.......................

these stoves were selling for 3895.00 in vermont when these people were in the process of buying the company. a friend of mine bought one from these people and were very happy with it burning pellets. i contacted these people when they were on ebay for 1995.00 in febuary and the lady told me that there store was going out of business and not buying the company. any one sold on ebay by anyone did not get any warranty whatsoever from bixby. she also told me the feeling was these stoves really were made to work better on corn than pellets. so i guess its a gamble.

jsvo said:
these stoves were selling for 3895.00 in vermont when these people were in the process of buying the company. a friend of mine bought one from these people and were very happy with it burning pellets. i contacted these people when they were on ebay for 1995.00 in febuary and the lady told me that there store was going out of business and not buying the company. any one sold on ebay by anyone did not get any warranty whatsoever from bixby. she also told me the feeling was these stoves really were made to work better on corn than pellets. so i guess its a gamble.

They are definitely, primarily a corn stove but are also good candidates for the do-it-yourself pellet makers, whose pellets are high in ash content, which is what interests me.

tjnamtiw said:
jsvo said:

They are definitely, primarily a corn stove but are also good candidates for the do-it-yourself pellet makers, whose pellets are high in ash content, which is what interests me.

If you've been checking EBay, you'll see that they are Buy It Now for $1700 now!!! Amazing. You could buy two, keep one as a spare and still be under the price Bixby wants. Who needs a warrantee?

Great stove. I bought a new one for 1699 two seasons ago. It is a great burner corn or wood pellets. You do need a cable and the latest code to make it use wood pellets properly. I would not recommend this stove if you are not willing to at least obtain the cable to hook it to a computer and learn a few tricks with the Bixcheck. I have not needed any parts so the warranty has not been an issue. I couldn't be happier.

Another Bixby owner chiming in. Great stove. I've burnt wood pellets w/ no trouble using stove as is. ie no changes to the software. To date, 9 tons pellets, 1/2 ton corn. If you are near the seller, you might offer 2K, assuming you can pick it up. Shipping would run a few hundred dollars for the ebay stoves. I have been eyeing those...... want a blue one!

Status
Not open for further replies.