It looks like a GREAT deal on a used (new) stove ($800) but is it? Has ANYONE even "heard of" or h

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudyjr said:
BrotherBart said:
Buy another Quad.
+1 Lifes too short
+2 Yes, life's to short to make bad choices. I'm glad you agree with that and hopefully don't make to many of them. :) I certainly hope my explanation wasn't too complicated (my apologies if it was). I'm willing to simplify it if asked.

BrotherBart said:
For sure. If you buy a Quad you know from forum member's experience that when the secondary air manifold cracks that somebody will come out and screw a patch over it. And if a PE stove cracks they will weld it back together. I mean why would you ever want to pay $800 for a new $2,500 stove that is built like a freakin battleship. I mean heck, the guy on the phone didn't know the g/h number. Which by the way is 3.2, it is on the EPA website.

Run very far away from that stove. Well, if it is even still available. :lol:

That stove's original post expired. It's on the 2nd go around (6 weeks listed now).

I certainly hope nobody would ever pay $2500 for that stove since it's only $2100 on the referenced zoobler site. Actually, paying over $1800 would be paying too much if someone was actually looking at a new one. :lol: Btw, the asking price is $1299. $800 was a hypothetical price based on potentially offering a few hundred less and factoring in rebate.

It's quite impressive that anyone can ascertain how a product is built without laying hands on it (even if you have experience with a product made 20+ yr ago and 2 or more ownership changes ago.

I already found that GPH info (I wasn't calling about that). After he displayed such a lack of professional knowledge I tried a few easier Q's that he should've been able to figure out easily..he couldn't. I certainly hope you're able to see past any individual Q's and see the big picture meaning of what the answers to those Q's means. I already explained it if you're not sure. :coolsmile:

How are you going to get a rebate on that stove? Even though it is "new" he was the original purchaser and could claim the credit if bought during the right timeframe. Unless he is a dealer it is now used for all practical purposes and I don't think you can get the credit according the IRS regs.

Sorry if your having such problems with SPI, but my take on it is they didn't design that stove, they bought the rights to it. It was designed by people who knew what they are doing, I understand you wanting to hold SPI's feet to the fire, but heck, just go buy a quad if you don't believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.