Ms 360

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought an 036 from a friend over the summer. It came with a 16" and cut like wild fire with it. I put a 20" on it with Stihl yellow full chisel and it is awesome all around. I bought a 25" with the same full chisel and it is still pretty impressive.
I had it buried in some Red Oak the other day.
1114111137.jpg

As long as I let the saw do the work and didn't force it, the saw pulled the big bar and chain just fine. The saw doesn't seem any less balanced with the longer bar on it either.
And it does look pretty bad ass with the big bar on it too!
DSC06805.jpg

Flatbedford said:
I bought an 036 from a friend over the summer. It came with a 16" and cut like wild fire with it. I put a 20" on it with Stihl yellow full chisel and it is awesome all around. I bought a 25" with the same full chisel and it is still pretty impressive.
I had it buried in some Red Oak the other day.
1114111137.jpg

As log as I let the saw do the work and didn't force it, the saw pulled the big bar and chain just fine. The saw doesn't seem any less balanced with the longer bar on it either.
And it does look pretty bad ass with the big bar on it too!
DSC06805.jpg

Now, one word "SEXY"

Diabel said:
Here is my new toy!!

24-25" bar full chisel chain. Can't wait to put it to work.
Tested the saw the other day with the 16" bar, it ripped through some yellow birch like there was no tomorrow!!! I was almost laughing to myself. The saw is heavy but as some said here it just pulls on its own. Total cost for this set up 200 for the saw 110 for bar, chain, set of files & gal of oil = 310.00 good deal me thinks!!

Special thanks to Jay who recommended this setup (I believe)

damn straight that is nice.

and you still have that 16" bar and chain. sweet.

Flatbedford said:
The saw doesn't seem any less balanced with the longer bar on it either.

That is interesting, mine does tip forward with the 25" blade.

Diabel said:
Here is my new toy!!

Tested the saw the other day with the 16" bar, it ripped through some yellow birch like there was no tomorrow!!! I was almost laughing to myself. The saw is heavy but as some said here it just pulls on its own. Total cost for this set up 200 for the saw 110 for bar, chain, set of files & gal of oil = 310.00 good deal me thinks!!

Looks Awesome.

Diabel said:
Flatbedford said:
The saw doesn't seem any less balanced with the longer bar on it either.

That is interesting, mine does tip forward with the 25" blade.

I meant when cutting with it. The extra weight out front doesn't make it hard to handle for me. Yes, set it on the ground and the chain is in the dirt.

smokinjay said:
Diabel said:
Here is my new toy!!

Looks Awesome.
thanks! I hope I will use it this weekend! It looks a bit intimidating.

Finally had a chance to put this bad boy to work! Simply amazing, it just went through that trunk (hard maple) like a knife through butter. The saw just pulled on its own. This would have been a struggle for the 170 for sure. I had the trunk bucked in no time. The fact that it was resting against another tree and on a slope downward gave a bit of a challenge.

Attachments

• Busy.jpg
    Busy.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 193
  • Tree2.jpg
    Tree2.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 171
Favorite saw 360/20

Status
Not open for further replies.