My letter to Englander any help would be appreciated

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing those mode settings can cause burn issues and there isn't anything published on them. Several folks have tried them out and fallen back because of dirty burns.

The first two of the three lower settings are used to match the stove to the fuel and venting situation. The third is air on temperature and shouldn't be changed unless you are troubleshooting with an England tech on the phone.

Did you contact Mike Holton through the phone # he sent you via "conversations" at the top of the page? He is the Senior Tech at Englander and should be able to get you squared away.

If there really is a problem with the stove, it's under warranty and I'm sure Englander will make it right.

They are a great company and I do realize they are probably swamped right now.
Im sure they will make it right or straighten me out settings wise.
It is heating better but it is not 100%, it truly still has issues, but it's better than before running at the current settings.

They are a great company and I do realize they are probably swamped right now.
Im sure they will make it right or straighten me out settings wise.
It is heating better but it is not 100%, it truly still has issues, but it's better than before running at the current settings.
I was unable to contact Mike using the info provided I will try him again tomorrow

will it harm the stove or my home running it hotter?
It could.

I recall a thread from a member here, where Englander recommended him changing it to C for his garage install.

But I'll let Englander decide that for you.

It could.

I recall a thread from a member here, where Englander recommended him changing it to C for his garage install.

But I'll let Englander decide that for you.
I agree I will try to reach them tomorrow no way I could contact them today phone was busy all day

I am surprised that nobody has asked some obvious questions.
  • Does the flame look like the flame on your other stove in size, color, activity?
  • Is the volume of air coming from the convection blower comparable to your other stove?
  • Does the exhaust from the vent look like the exhaust from the other stove?
Troubleshooting by comparison should yield some clues as to what function is limiting heat delivery.

I agree I will try to reach them tomorrow no way I could contact them today phone was busy all day
I've emailed tech support a couple times and got fast responses.

But that don't guarantee you'll be talking to Mike.

I am surprised that nobody has asked some obvious questions.
  • Does the flame look like the flame on your other stove in size, color, activity?
  • Is the volume of air coming from the convection blower comparable to your other stove?
  • Does the exhaust from the vent look like the exhaust from the other stove?
Troubleshooting by comparison should yield some clues as to what function is limiting heat delivery.
You would think being a veteran burner he has some idea of how things operate.

You would think being a veteran burner he has some idea of how things operate.

the stoves appear to perform the same in every way the flame, the blower seems the same, exhaust seems the same, the only difference is that facing the stove the heat from the blower on the left hand side of the stove is hot and the right warm. I have been burning for quite sometime and figured this stove would perform as my other but it noticably does not.
Its almost like something on the right hand side of the stove is not right inside where the air comes out in front...im totally at a loss with this.

i just found your e mail mark, my bad i was watching my "inbox" on the hearth forum and ddint think to see if you had sent a regular e mail. i replied to it a few minutes ago. i think we should have a little chat about what the unit is actually doing as it was running. check your in box.

Not to change the subject too much.
I did want to say that personally even though I do not own a New Englander stove it does make quite a positive impression that Mike is on here (and has been for some time) willing to help.

Kudos to Mike :)

Too many email addresses MIke

yeah i know, just cant get to my work e mail except when im sitting here, the other one is basically a gift to the hearth.com community, im generally treated very well by members in here and i dont get hammered all the time at home so im kool with the occasional question

the heat from the blower on the left hand side of the stove is hot and the right warm.
It is interesting to me that my 25-PDVC is just the opposite. The air on the right side is much hotter than the air on the left side. The same is true of the front corners of the stove, the right is about 100 deg hotter than the left. The big difference is that my stove is putting out lots of heat.

I been there and done that (in the beginning) with my 25pdvc.(change modes ) fiddling with adjustments in the rear garage. I eventually got it down pat. Once I got to know the control pad and how the stove responds to changes I began to appreciate it a lot more.
The stove was basically designed to heat a home , not a garage .Heating a garage isn`t quite the same as heating a home.
That said, the little stove heats my (barely acceptably insulated) garage just fine but it does take longer. For one thing, the stove takes a while to get up to temp and when it does the concrete floor continues to suck up much of the heat for a long time at least until things get somewhat stabilized . I usually get out there and light it at least a 1/2 - 1 hour early.
And It always puzzled me why Englanders didn`t include a page or two explaining exactly why and what those bottom 3 buttons do and how they affect the burn. Folks should not have to call service to ask .

not to be a nitpicker, but its a pretty major code violation to put a pellet stove n a garage in most jurisdictions....just sayin' (gas vapors....boom)

not to be a nitpicker, but its a pretty major code violation to put a pellet stove n a garage in most jurisdictions....just sayin' (gas vapors....boom)

Technically it`s a garage but I use it as a workshop and I am familiar with the hazards of gas vapors ,etc.
The fact that it might be a code violation means nothing to me. Unless they post a pellet stove nazi at the garage door I`m gonna burn a stove in there . I burned a wood stove in there for years ,I figure a pellet stove HAS to be a lot safer.

Don't keep us in suspence what was the problem.
Ya know, I have somewhat of a problem with "members" coming on here, publishing a "letter" to a manufacturer asking for help (and bashing the stove....."My conclusion, I bought a $1000.00 bone"), then getting it resolved, and we get no response from the OP except silence.

Reactions: heat seeker
the stoves appear to perform the same in every way the flame, the blower seems the same, exhaust seems the same, the only difference is that facing the stove the heat from the blower on the left hand side of the stove is hot and the right warm. I have been burning for quite sometime and figured this stove would perform as my other but it noticably does not.
Its almost like something on the right hand side of the stove is not right inside where the air comes out in front...im totally at a loss with this.

I`ll go out on a limb here ,as this has happened to me on my St. Croix insert :

About 2 years ago I could see down inside the heat exchanger tubes (where the warm convection air flows from and noticed that some of the tubes on # 5 setting(full on) were glowing faint red to slight red .

Knowing something was wrong it didn`t dawn on me that the OEM puts an insulation material in the cavity between the business end of the stove (hot chamber)and the convection (chamber/cavity) area.

Well it must have worked loose from one of my air compressed dust gun cleaning incidents (who knew )so I reattached it with steel wire and made sure it would not come loose again(built right the 2nd time around) Classic Redneck ;) engineering this time.

It was probably built fast without a quality control check (an oversight or friday or monday ect:)

So far so good no problems since.

Hopefully this is what`s wrong with yours.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.