My letter to Englander any help would be appreciated

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting for the mustang man...

Ya know, I have somewhat of a problem with "members" coming on here, publishing a "letter" to a manufacturer asking for help (and bashing the stove....."My conclusion, I bought a $1000.00 bone"), then getting it resolved, and we get no response from the OP except silence.
I totally agree! Can't say enough good about Mike, Englander, and the level of customer service I've gotten, both pre and post purchase. Best customer service and support of ANY product I've ever bought. Ever!!

I totally agree! Can't say enough good about Mike, Englander, and the level of customer service I've gotten, both pre and post purchase. Best customer service and support of ANY product I've ever bought. Ever!!

Another Englanders pellet stove purchase would be high on my list .
They have the best combination of price and quality and the warranty and factory backed service is unequalled. They aren`t perfect since they have their own set of minor faults and quirks but you`ll find this to be true with all the others ,including those at a significantly higher cost. The perfect pellet stove doesn`t exist.
I will honestly admit that my P-38 Harman is a better entry level stove in almost all respects than the 25PDVC but it`s priced at twice as much money and after less than 20 tons of pellets thru it has needed a new auger and a control board . (repaired myself). Factory support for the Harman is non existent and dealer support is only a dream, but the Englander gets the same free factory support year in and year out.

It would be very interesting if Englander would come out with a high line stove like the Harmans. I dont think it would take long for them to put a big dent in their sales with the service they provide. I love the Harman and it is built incredibly well but my dealer is a dickwad. Bang for the buck Englander has the market covered but i would really like to see something that they dont make comprimises on to keep the price low. The sheetmetal box looks just doesnt do it for a lot of us. We need something that looks like a stove and want it to be displayed and is built to last. Sure its going to cost more but id be willing to pay for quality. There is enough 300 dollar craigslist Englander specials.

It would be very interesting if Englander would come out with a high line stove like the Harmans. I dont think it would take long for them to put a big dent in their sales with the service they provide. I love the Harman and it is built incredibly well but my dealer is a dickwad. Bang for the buck Englander has the market covered but i would really like to see something that they dont make comprimises on to keep the price low. The sheetmetal box looks just doesnt do it for a lot of us. We need something that looks like a stove and want it to be displayed and is built to last. Sure its going to cost more but id be willing to pay for quality. There is enough 300 dollar craigslist Englander specials.

Understood! Yes, there are folks who really want a high end stove look in their home that only cast iron can convey . Englanders mid line of stoves ( step up from the pdv`s) are attractive for the price but again, cast iron is hard to beat. Englanders would probably have to outsource the cast iron to China to be competitive and that IMO, would seriously undermine their reputation and integrity.
Personally, I feel the sheet metal 25 pdvc is more attractive than my sheet metal Harman P-38 which to me resembles a toilet bowl.
Evidently Englanders know they have a winning formula with their low to mid line offerings and see no need to compete at the high end where sales are significantly fewer. I think presently one big advantage they have at their price level is they are US made.
I`m not about to consider a Chinese stove, regardless of whose name is on it , as long as there is one is made in the US at a fair price.

If Harmon(just teasin-HARMAN-see I can spell) was selling to box stores it would be a bit different. Harman would have to be the support system as Englander is. Box stores do not offer any support for what they sell past the 15 day return deal. Harman support is thru the dealer system, Just as the majority of the stoves out there. "dealer is a dickwad" is something Harman should address.

There are some new Englanders that have some charactor to them. See pic's.

Attachments

• 25iplg.jpg
    25iplg.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 25ep.png
    25ep.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 108
Ya know, I have somewhat of a problem with "members" coming on here, publishing a "letter" to a manufacturer asking for help (and bashing the stove....."My conclusion, I bought a $1000.00 bone"), then getting it resolved, and we get no response from the OP except silence.
well said...

Been burning 25 PDVC since 2007. Tried several different pellets. Tried some one year(sorry cant remember brand, think it was Nature Heat) beautiful lively flame & very little ash but you could lay your hand ANYWHERE on the stove. Returned the whole ton, arrrgh, and found Sommersets at Lowes. Never had that problem since.

Also, the whole input temp air having affect on heat output, ummh, been a firefighter for 26 years. Sorry, doesn't wash with me.. Worst fire ever, Fairbanks Alaska Feb 1986, -50 F outside air temp, but heat from fire STILL melted plastic lenses on Fire Engine 100 feet away!!!! Yeah in a micro physics experiment perhaps temps have a minor effect on output but I doubt it has any real world application.

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.