Napoleon NPS 45 #2 light blinking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CMRINDA

Oct 7, 2010
Northwest MA
Hello Again,

My Napoleon has been working great since we replaced the control panel. In the last couple of days the #2 light has been blinking.. I have tried troubleshooting and can not determine what the problem is... The stove is cleaned every week and last week I cleaned blower and removed a lot of dust. Anyway, we can not turn the unit higher than 3 out of 5 because if we go above 3 it causes the unit to shut down and #2 starts blinking. The stove is still running but not blowing out any heat. I am also wondering if our pellets are causing a problem.. The pellets are Green Team. I noticed that some of the pellets are really long could they be getting stuck in the auger?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The things that cause the #2 light to flash are listed on page 46 of the installation manual.

The last item in the list is a plugged venting system, if the venting system gets plugged two things can cause loss of vacuum, the first is the plugged venting itself which causes a loss of vacuum which causes the vacuum switch to say oops major problem shutdown the second is a side effect of the plugged venting namely the combustion blower overheats, stops turning, and the vacuum switch says oops major problem shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.