NC-13 Install Thread (ENGLANDER CUSTOMER SERVICE IS #1!!!!!!!!!!) UPDATED 12.19.11 w/PICS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ctd01 said:
Haha. Im still leaning mine. I cant wait to get home.

Ah, the learning process is so much fun but can be a lil bumpy at times....don't ask how I know...
We are still learning a bit with the 30.....since the loading is so infrequent, on the weekends when Mr Gamma and I are both home, we argue as to who gets to load the bad boy :lol: .....he knows I control the "Chief" better..... :coolsmirk:

I ain't even allowed in the vicinity when he does the loading....I don't like his technique... :mad: He cracks it too long dammit...

GAMMA RAY said:
Ctd01 said:
Haha. Im still leaning mine. I cant wait to get home.

Ah, the learning process is so much fun but can be a lil bumpy at times....don't ask how I know...
We are still learning a bit with the 30.....since the loading is so infrequent, on the weekends when Mr Gamma and I are both home, we argue as to who gets to load the bad boy :lol: .....he knows I control the "Chief" better..... :coolsmirk:

I ain't even allowed in the vicinity when he does the loading....I don't like his technique... :mad: He cracks it too long dammit...

I wish I could have fit the 30!!! Maybe I can talk the wife into a complete hearth remodel...Is the 30 Available with a rear exit flue??

Me speaking to wife:
"Hey Hunny, we are going to save a ton of $$ on oil....the downstairs thermostat won't kick the burner on all day!! I just bought us a new stove, I need to buy some ss liner, I also need a new chainsaw, you know to save money on cutting my own wood. I also need a New Splitting axe and Maul maybe a few different sizes, you know...for the hard to split rounds...I also need two chainsaws...you know for different size logs in the woods....I need a new IR thermometer...to make sure im buring at the right temp, you know..so I don't get creosote build up...I need a soot eater to clean the chimney....I also need a new drill...you know to work the soot eater or other chimney cleaning device.....I also need a bigger trailer, you know to save money on all those logs I need to burn...I think I need a log splitter, you know to split the wood faster to save money on heating oil....I need a bigger stronger truck, prefably diesel, you know to haul the splitter and logs, chainsaws, mauls etc...you know to save money on heating oil...."

The savings keep on rolling in....I won't have time to split logs thought since im running in and out of the house...letting the precious heat out.

We just installed an NC13 and I'm going through the same thing (not too far away from you in northern NJ). I just refer to it all as "start-up costs."

Hmmm...doubt Ramcononer is gonna see your post. He last logged on in Feb of 2012. And this thread was started in 2011.;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.