NC 30 happiness

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rjr240

Jan 23, 2011
straits area MI
Pulled the trigger and replaced my old burned out catylitic Earthstove with the Englander 30. Glad I did and price was reasonable. The 30 firebox size is intimidating but proves to be the right size for the situation. Have been burning 24-7 for about 3 weeks strait. Wifey likes no more backpuffing smoke in the house. Thanks to all on this site who answered questions for me. Plenty of heat available if I let the coals build up and chuck her full. I like the primary jet in the front bottom to reduce coals if necessary and control the burn. . I don't believe I am running my temps quite as hot as some of the folks on here. I do use the i/r gun to check temps on the dogs head to be sure she doesnt overtemp. haha. I am hoping I will burn less wood per season with this stove. In this cold season any stove is probably hungry. 30 is nothing fancy but doing a bang up job for us. 1000 sq ft room in 1800 sq ft ranch. Randy

Glad to hear you're happy with your new stove. At the end of the day, that's all that counts. If they are keeping you happy and warm they are doing the job!
Congrats,

Chris

Oh, yeah, how bout some pics? Those burn tube flames must look awesome!

I have your stove's little brother and we can't be happier with it. Your stove is a little too large for our setup. The heat from our stove is amazing so I can only ponder the heat you are putting out........

Glad to hear you are happy with the change.. Always better IMHO to go bigger. You can burn smaller hot fires if needed, you can always adjust down, pretty hard to adjust up if the stove is undersized.

Shawn

You make a very good point Shawneyboy. Where in ne pa are you located?

I better not let the husband read this topic or before I know it the nc 13 will be going on a dolly down the driveway to another neighbor's house and the nc-30 will be moving on in. He is very impulsive!!!!!!!!! The day the 13 was installed the 12 went next door down the snowy driveway and he had the guy's old pot belly stove posted on ebay that nite.

GAMMA RAY said:
You make a very good point Shawneyboy. Where in ne pa are you located?

In the Poconos. Basically between Camelback, and Big Boulder by way the crow flies in Monroe County. You ???

Dallas/Back mountain area. I bet you ski!!!!! I don't but I know a lot of people that do and they ski at those areas. I am not co-ordinated enough. I was on girls softball for three days in high school (went to Bishop O'Reilly) and I said screw this crap!!!!! But I can haul wood!!!!! Not afraid to break a nail because I don't have any!!!

GAMMA RAY said:
Dallas/Back mountain area. I bet you ski!!!!! I don't but I know a lot of people that do and they ski at those areas. I am not co-ordinated enough. I was on girls softball for three days in high school (went to Bishop O'Reilly) and I said screw this crap!!!!! But I can haul wood!!!!! Not afraid to break a nail because I don't have any!!!

I used to ski, but no more. I was going to again, but I shattered my ankle and with a half a dozen screws, and a metal plate in my ankle, lower leg, I decided against it. I am familiar with the Dallas area. I love living here. I grew up in the burbs of Philly, still have family there. I hate the traffic and congestion, and how ignorant the people can be. Raised 2 kidds here, now that the birds have more or less flown the nest. Look in the back yard its wood stacks and wildlife. What could be better ?

Shawn

I don't know any different since I was born here. But I here ya about traffic, ignorant people etc. I also like the fact that I don't have neighbors right up my but. I have an aunt and uncle that like in Forty-Fort and they had neighbors that complained constantly about the fact that they had a wood burner and that they were ruining the environment. I swear some people have nothing to do and sit in their windows watching what the neighbors are doin. I do not miss that for sure. (I grew up in Forty-Fort). As for our backyard, nothin but woods.............

shawneyboy said:
GAMMA RAY said:

I used to ski, but no more. I was going to again, but I shattered my ankle and with a half a dozen screws, and a metal plate in my ankle, lower leg, I decided against it. I am familiar with the Dallas area. I love living here. I grew up in the burbs of Philly, still have family there. I hate the traffic and congestion, and how ignorant the people can be. Raised 2 kidds here, now that the birds have more or less flown the nest. Look in the back yard its wood stacks and wildlife. What could be better ?

Shawn

it's a small world we live in. I was born in Scranton, raised in Stroudsburg before moving to N.J. when my dad helped punch the road thru Deleware Water Gap in the 50's (operating engineer). Although I moved to Canada in 1982, still have family tyes to that area, and get back there yearly

Hey Randy glad to hear your install is working out for you, where abouts are you in the straits area i'm in Cheboygan. Jason

Hey Sawzall- I love Cheboygan and spend alot of time there. Sorry couldn't check the forum earlier. I live in Gaylord but do have a family cottage on Douglas Lake near Cheboygan. we heat with an old Blaze King there. Even thought about bringing it here but wanted a more modern stove. Randy

Just spent the majority of the day in Gaylord Saturday, my daughter had basketball games at the highschool. Then we had to meander around some stores because walmart gets old for us.

Small world. We'll be doing our shopping in Gaylord tomorrow.
We prefer Meijer.
Better produce.
rjr240, good deal on the 30. My sister-in-law has an old Earth stove that I'd like to see get replaced. I've been suggesting the 13 for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.