new pellet stove is awsome + pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dccampli

Jun 19, 2008
Long Island, NY
Chimney guy came yesterday to line chimney with Duravent to the top and installed the new Harman Accentra insert. Put the sensor 6 feet away, loaded it with pellets, turned it on and wala, FIRE and HEAT!!! Cranked it to 72 and it was so nice. Wife just loves it, although it is a little too warm for me. I knocked down a partition wall across from stove location that was put up when an apartment existed on second floor (have been planning this for 10 years). Most of first floor is staying at set temp and also upstairs is also same temp as downstairs. Outside temp this morning was 24 and daytime a bit higher. No oil used. My house is a cape with center stairwell and fireplace across from stairs, 1000 sq main level, 800 sq upstairs. Basement is staying ~59 without using heat too.

So far working out great except for high price of pellets (won't even tell you the price from local dealers as it is absurd, beyond what you could even imagine). Have 1 ton from the dealer I purchased stove from plus 2 sacks on the way from internet order. Now working on getting the thermostat and 2 of those gadgets to cycle on my baseboard heat so pipes don't freeze.

Included photo, first time so not sure if it will work.

-DC

Attachments

• 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 768
Look's great, have a great time this winter keeping warm...

dccampli said:
......Now working on getting the thermostat and 2 of those gadgets to cycle on my baseboard heat so pipes don't freeze......

Stove looks great, and glad to hear you have good heat....congrats!

BTW, if the "gadgets" you mentioned to cycle the heat are the ThermGuard, I'm using one now, and it works great....just as advertised.

Nice looking stove/install.

I also have a central stairwell cape. I think this floor plan works very well for allowing heat to circulated around the 1st floor and rise to the second floor. Sometimes I can feel a breeze of cold air running down the stairs.

Very nice. What is wrong with a Big E? Is it a free standing stove thing?

Eric

I also have a Harman Accentra Insert. It was installed about 3 weeks ago. It does a great job heating my 1300 s.f. ranch. So far it keeps the immediate 3 room area (living room, family room, kitchen) at or above 70 degrees and the far hallway leading to the bedrooms at about 68 degrees. The bedrooms average 60 degrees on the coldest days but they were always cold even with oil heat due to poor insulation and drafty windows. We use 3 ceiling fans to move the air. Since the installation, our oil fired furnace has not kicked on at all. Good luck with your new stove.

Very, very nice. I can see it decorated for the Holidays now!

Status
Not open for further replies.