NEWBIE NEEDS HELP-WOOD BURNING INSERT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Can't believe how many hits on this thread! Oh my gosh hope someone besides me has benefited from all the wisdom that was passed on..Just had to update. The Iron Maiden is doing just fine..As a matter of fact my HVAC contractors are telling me not to burn since they want info on the new heating system I installed last month. On the day of installation I was crankin up the stove. Installers were in and out all day and they started at 6am..They could not believe the heat output from the Winter Warm..These guys were sweating their tails off.. I was determined not to freeze since both zones had to be turned down at the same time...

Well the other nite it was 17 degrees here and you guessed it...fired up the stove...The cats and I were snug as bugs in a rug. Just enjoying being a fire starter again. So happy I fixed the stove. 17 degrees must seem like the beach to some of you..but for me Brrrrrrrr....

Hope all of you had a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year. It's a tough time since DH was dying just one year ago..As for me I'm doing better but not whole..Think it will take a very long time..Rick knows what I'm talking about..glad he has a new grandchild so he can focus on the positive side of life.

Well that's all folks-Take care...Thanks again..

D, I think the first year of a different kind of life is usually the hardest. Tough combating the memories and moving on. Hang in there, GF, we're rooting for you !

I woke up to 8F here the other morning. Murph went out, lifted his leg, and headed back to the house:) The senior cat (19) hasn't been outside in a few days, although he did venture out for a bit this evening when I got home. As warm as it's going to be for the next few days, I think we're golden :)

Good to hear from ya!

I think you two need to get together for a long lunch one of these days! :)

piejam said:
...Rick knows what I'm talking about..
Yes I do, Diane. Tougher than I'd anticipated (1st anniversary), but better now. Stay well and warm, Rick

fossil said:
piejam said:
...Rick knows what I'm talking about..
Yes I do, Diane. Tougher than I'd anticipated (1st anniversary), but better now. Stay well and warm, Rick

I am praying for both of you.

Thank you all for thinking of me and taking the time to post. As a member once told me " This is seriously the nicest group of people around". Craig and staff members must be very proud of what they have created..Don't worry about me cause I'm a feisty lil critter..Besides there are so many others to help! Hopefully there're not lost causes like me! lol....

Can't believe it's over 50 here today...Got to go and move more wood into the garage..Thanks to you guys I see what a difference it makes when it sits in the garage for a few days prior to burning...Must doing something right..no black soot on stove glass or smoke out of the chimney..now if I can only get some "ROUNDS" to burn...ha ha

Here's a bit of good news...Since I fixed the stove + the new HVAC, my balanced budget utility payments dropped over $125.00 a month. Expect to save more since we still have another 2.5 months of winter temps left...

Well got to get my rear in gear. Thanks for making a difference in someone's life....Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.