OAK 3" to 4" OK?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moosetrek

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 22, 2008
CA in the Sierras
We've decided to replace our Englander with a PE Alderlea, and all clearances and connections should be OK except for the OAK. The Englander takes a 3", the PE takes a 4". Our OAK is a 4" for about 20', and then downsizes to a 3" through the floor, the wall, and into the stove - about 10'. How much of a problem will we have using a 3" pipe for 10' of the run and then upsizing to a 4" connection to the stove? Replumbing for a 4" through joists, walls, and doors is not in the works!

Zero problem. Hook it up. Rick

It should work. I'm using a similar setup now with success.

I'll check when we get the stove delivered/installed, good to see others have done the same, thanks.

mine goes from a +200ft to 3" (open room). so I don't think the restriction will be a problem. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.