1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Overkills Fault

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by thewoodlands, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Right on that's the best way to cook chicken over a fire the seasonings in the dressing taste amazing !

Pete

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    I have not, but a good family friend growing up smoked their kielbasa over beech exclusively and they always made a premium product.

pen
    fishingpol likes this.
  3. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

After having some nice pine coals, I through on some cherry to burn down so we could cook some sweet italian sausage for dinner, tasted great.

Attached Files:

ScotO, fishingpol and Pallet Pete like this.
  4. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

Looks delicious zap. Wish I had time to do some outdoor grillin. Spent most the weekend building stake sides on the superduty. New grill on the shopping list this spring. Be well
    zap likes this.
  5. thewoodlands

Are the stake sides for hauling wood? I'm not sure what's on the menu next weekend but we'll grill 1 of the 2 days if not both.
  6. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

Wood, scrap metal, whatever the need for em. Will finish the project next weekend. When unlatched, each side will be independent for easy on off. Will post pics next weekend. Make mellodogs next weekend and post pics;)
    zap likes this.
  7. thewoodlands

The boss wanted something cooked over the fireplace outside, steaks.::P I used some smaller maple rounds with some nice beech splits, great coals for cooking, some flame too.

Attached Files:

ScotO likes this.
  8. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I was gonna do wings tonight on the pit but...........snowed this morning, turned to rain this afternoon and now the backyard.is a slophole!!
    zap likes this.
  9. thewoodlands

Yup, that rain will make things chitty, I'm hoping we get all snow with the storm coming in. I'm not sure on the menu for tomorrow but I have more dead pine I plan on cutting.

It's starting to make a difference in the way the woods look with all the limbing up with cutting the small and dead stuff. Should make for a nice walking trail too.
    ScotO likes this.