p61 in a 900 sq ft doublewide

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

a.a.ron

Nov 23, 2017
Middletown
, I found a used p-61 Harman pellet stove in my price range I'd like to know if that is going to be too much stove for a drafty double wide

It will take a lot of space - remember that you will need at least 20" clearance to each side (14" if it has side shields) and 36" to the front (not to mention the space requirement from the back for the pipe and its clearance. The stove itself is 24" w x 24" deep so you will lose about 30 sq/ft out of the 900 you have.

If you determine you have the space, then the stove will have no issues keeping the place warm. You can run it at a really low setting to help keep it from blowing you out. Definitely better to have too much stove rather than not enough but if you can find a P43, that would be better as you would need less clear space.

Reactions: a.a.ron
I second what bogieb wrote.....Your biggest concern is definitely the space issues for the placement of the stove...The P61A is very versatile and can readily adjust to your specific needs.

You would be fine with a P61 and as mentioned you can turn it down to suit your heating needs. What kind of used price are they asking? How old etc?

The price on the p61 was 850.00 us , the pictures showed some rust on the top of it , they didn't know how old it was because of just buying the house it was in but i decided to go new and i got a p43 .

Reactions: bogieb and bags
I'm sure you will be happy with that new P43!

Reactions: bags