Pellet is 3 yrs old today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Eric, I'm so sorry!! Sending condolence Hugs for you and your family.

Awesome that Pellet has improved sooo much. He really is a beautiful dog!

I sometimes wonder about these dog food companies and the garbage they put in the food. Would they eat it? You bet NOT! Why do they expect our fuzzy family members to eat it!!

Eric, so sorry to hear that your older dog was poisoned. Just thinking about that and "what if" makes the hair on my neck sand up.
Glad you found a diet for Pellet. Corn is not for dogs, at least not as a major part of their diet. Not all corn is equal, but best to avoid it altogether.
I had a friend who lost their dog a few year back when they bought some dog food that had something from China. Seems they put melamine in the food to make it seem that it had more protein. The animal died of kidney failure. I call the companies and ask if any ingredients are imported. If they say yes, none of it is fed to my animals.
My dogs are never hitched or on leach except when we are off our property. They NEVER go out of our yard. I have a pet safe wireless fence. My is set on low. It makes a beep when the dog gets near the boarder. My dogs were trained in one day. I can leave it off for several days and they won't go past what they have learned to be the barrier. Just have to remember to take the collar off if you are taking the dog for ride. I would have like to use the in ground fence but there are too many hunters around here that will shoot any dog out of the yard and not with someone. That happened to another friend's chocolate lab. Was shot on his own property. Small wonder why so much property is posted.

I had a very good idea who killed Buster. I could not prove it but I knew. The nail in the coffin was a couple days later I was sitting outside when this person walked past my house on the road. I have 150' frontage with a drainage ditch a couple feet off the road. The person came in front of the house and Pellet ran to the ditch and barked with his mowhawk raised the entire 150' till the person got past the house. Pellet knew something that we did not. He never crossed the ditch but I knew he was sore in the throat from the barking. The person would not look at Pellet or Me cause I was giving him the one finger wave the entire time. Pellet never barked at this person prior to this.

Scary

Eric

Pellet named the person who killed his buddy!!

Listen to your dogs, they know more than you do at times!!

OMG that is horrible!! Poor Buster. Some people are so stupid (g-rated response)
My condolences to you and your family for losing him this way.

Shepards are my favorite breed but we got Labs instead as my home insurance threatened to drop
our coverage if we have any breeds that are on their top 5 listing.
IMO it is all in the way the animal is raised, but that is another gripe.

On a happier note, glad Pellet's health and coat are getting better.
He is very handsome!

Our chocolate lab is allergic to everything and it took us a while to find the right food.

Status
Not open for further replies.