1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pellet prices in Michigans thumb

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Screamin Rebel, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Screamin Rebel

Screamin Rebel Member

Loc:
    North Branch MI
    Any information on pellet prices and where to buy somersets in my area would be very appreciated. thank you in advance!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. imacman

imacman Guest

There was a report on Nov. 3 in the "Fuel Price Report" of someone seeing them in a Menards in Jackson.
    Try calling the closest Menards in your area.
  3. letsblaze

letsblaze Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    40 minutes north of Grand Rapids
    The sets have dried up in the Michigan area in the big box stores for the time being. The market was flooded with Michigan pellets in the BBS. Almost all of them have the stupid ones made in Holland, MI.
    Last I knew Lowes was still getting in Cheat River once in a while and also had some presto logs.
  4. imacman

imacman Guest

Get the Presto's if you can find them....this year's batch has gotten good reviews.
  5. Paul Raz

Paul Raz Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Orange County, NY
    I can attest to that, burned 10 bags and they were very hot although a little ashy.
  6. Screamin Rebel

Screamin Rebel Member

Loc:
    North Branch MI
    Thanks for all the replies! Been using pro pellets at $199 a ton. Just wondering if there was anything better for less?
  7. mithesaint

mithesaint Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Ohio
    Good luck with that. My stove likes the propellets, although I found a few long pellets in the bags I burned so far. Only thing better in my stove is the almighty Somersets.
  8. ToddO

ToddO New Member

Loc:
    Mid Michigan
    If you haven't tried Kirtlands they are worth a shot. Very little ash and they burn hot. You can find them at the Kernel Burner in Saginaw. I switched to them last year and love them.
  9. letsblaze

Loc:
    You can get Propellets at TSC right now for 175.00
  10. Screamin Rebel

Screamin Rebel Member

Loc:
    North Branch MI
    Really cant believe the difference in price across the state. TSC around here is 199.00 a ton for pros. Craziness i tell ya!
  11. letsblaze

Loc:
    Right ....for 175 a ton I will burn rabbit turds if they have good btu's and low ash. :)
  12. mithesaint

mithesaint Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Ohio
    Local TSC has Pro Pellets for $239. Next closest (30 mile away) has Somersets for $189. I don't get it.