Pellet Prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
Although I do not not use pellets, jsut thought you all that do would like to know this. The prices for next year just came out to pre-order here locally. You can lock in at $205/ton. Last year it was $225/ton

Adirondackwoodburner said:
Although I do not not use pellets, jsut thought you all that do would like to know this. The prices for next year just came out to pre-order here locally. You can lock in at $205/ton. Last year it was $225/ton

Thats great! :) I think thats where its pretty much going to be towards the summer.

AwsumSS said:

Thats great! :) I think thats where its pretty much going to be towards the summer.

Don't count on it !! I just got word yesterday from one of the 2 mills I'm still contracted to haul for that the cherry market is dropping fast and his lumber buyer told him not to buy any timber with cherry in it because the lumber isn't going to move this summer. All the other species have "gone south" since last summer. No mills running = NO SAWDUST. I'd be willing to bet you'll see prices in the $300+/ton range by next fall if fuel stays high ($4.30/gal today) and the economy keeps takin a dump. I saw this coming last fall and I'm planning on doing lots of fishing this summer. YEE HAWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEES WOOD-CO said:
AwsumSS said:

Don't count on it !! I just got word yesterday from one of the 2 mills I'm still contracted to haul for that the cherry market is dropping fast and his lumber buyer told him not to buy any timber with cherry in it because the lumber isn't going to move this summer. All the other species have "gone south" since last summer. No mills running = NO SAWDUST. I'd be willing to bet you'll see prices in the $300+/ton range by next fall if fuel stays high ($4.30/gal today) and the economy keeps takin a dump. I saw this coming last fall and I'm planning on doing lots of fishing this summer. YEE HAWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Father in law lives right down the road from the Corinth Mill...the cheese says they may go up 10 or 20 bucks a ton but not much beyond that if it does. :)

thats interesting. Here in Johnstown they are locking in $205/ton right now for next year pre-order

I just locked in at $224/ton and that seems to be a good deal right now for a good brand.

I dont know a thing about pellets, but they sell "Northerns"

I was told it will depend on diesel costs for transportation. Local dealer thinks tons will be $20 less in April then they are now. According to them sawdust isn't the issue as much as transportation will be.
Who knows.........

yes thats true. There is a local plant that just opened up here in Schuylerville NY i think?

yes thats true. There is a local plant that just opened up here in Schuylerville NY i think?

NEWP's new pellet mill is in Schuyler, NY, about 10 miles down the road from where I'm at.

I think the plant is somewhere up the Mohawk Valley.

It would rock if a plant would open up closer to us. Schuylerville would probably be to expensive to operate. But Washington County would probably be cheap enough. Then again, Schuylerville would have the Hudson to ship down. I think it's navigable up to the falls.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.