PelPro PP130

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jadenjdawg

Oct 4, 2015
Salem, Indiana
Hello All,

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with the PelProp PP130. I picked this up at Menard's back in February for $899. I am new to the Pellet world, and am excited to burn this winter. I just built a two story cape cod, roughly 1,000 feet down stairs, and 600 up stairs. I built this out of pocket, and am still finishing the inside. We used a couple window units to cool this summer, and it was no problem at all. I am hoping to get through this winter with the PP130 only. I burnt about 10 bags after I installed it in April, and burnt a couple bags this past weekend, and it sure puts out the heat. Thinking I may have to add supplemental heat upstairs, but hoping enough warm air rises? Opinions?

Welcome to the forum! Guess my first question is where is the stove located especially in relationship to the stairway? Can be effective to use a fan to push cold air along the floor towards the stove ... helps get the convection loop moving.

You may want to plan on having some supplemental heat ... any young ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.