Photoeye Question on My profile 20 pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theduck

Oct 24, 2011
windham,nh
Hi
I was wondering if the photoeye cord was cut and then reattached back together the the photoeye still work properly? My stove still turns of after 5mins. The stove has been cleaned out. The high limit switch has been replaced, exhausted fan has been replaced, photoeye lens has been cleaned. Any suggestions? Thank you

theduck said:
Hi
I was wondering if the photoeye cord was cut and then reattached back together the the photoeye still work properly? My stove still turns of after 5mins. The stove has been cleaned out. The high limit switch has been replaced, exhausted fan has been replaced, photoeye lens has been cleaned. Any suggestions? Thank you

If the connection was properly made and the photo eye wasn't damaged it should work.

How can I test it to see if it still works properly? Everything seem to run normal it drops the pellets then it lights up and and runs with pellets dropping the it goes into its normal mode runs for 5 mins then the exhaust fans shuts off.

Is your photoeye located in the hopper or behind the stove? You may be able to test it by exposing it to light. Have you checked the little slot inside of where the pellets drop?

Hi

Its located inside the hopper. I took out the photoeye and the glass plate and cleaned it all. And it still turns off after 5 mins.

Hmmm, What I would do to test it would be to, after the stove lights, gently lift the cover that holds the photoeye and shine a flashlight at it and see if it goes into its normal run mode. Sometimes when put the photoeye back in, the wires come between the eye and the lens preventing the eye from seeing the fire.

I don't know if it matters, but did you get the wires connected back to original polarity? In other words, is each wire connected to the one it was cut from? Just throwing it out there.

If you have a multimeter set it to read resistance and with the photo eye disconnected from the stove attach the probes to the photo eye wires.

Read the resistance write it down.

Then shine a strong light at the photo eye read the resistance write it down.

Then reverse the leads and repeat both of the above steps.

Tell us what the readings were.

had the same thing happen to mine i went thru and tested the eye the pressure swittch,and the high temp switch all tested good then i went thru all the wire plug ins i unplug them and plug them back ineven the circut broad i tap the auger shaft in the back and sprayed it with some move-it .I crossed my fingers and plug it back in and its been running for6 hours know with no trouble {knock on wood } i hope this help you

Status
Not open for further replies.